No announcement yet.

MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have anyone succesfully implement ue4 gameplay ability system into mmo starter kit?

Comment

I have not, BUT, I did just get https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...racter-creator implemented into the kit. I contacted a programmer from the MMOkit discord server and he wrangled CC into my game. If you need help getting UE 4 ability system hooked up. Posted a note in the Discord server or PM "Sprattstud" and let him know Tarly asked you to contact him. He also, got Quality game settings hooked up for me.

Next, I am going to ask him to Ad an "Easy BUTTON" for me. (joking, kinda) LOL..
      Clifford Brock

Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
      Game: Claws&Paws

Comment

alr
        Originally posted by Tarly View Post
        I have not, BUT, I did just get https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...racter-creator implemented into the kit. I contacted a programmer from the MMOkit discord server and he wrangled CC into my game. If you need help getting UE 4 ability system hooked up. Posted a note in the Discord server or PM "Sprattstud" and let him know Tarly asked you to contact him. He also, got Quality game settings hooked up for me.

Next, I am going to ask him to Ad an "Easy BUTTON" for me. (joking, kinda) LOL..
        ight i'll try ask him

Comment

Originally posted by GangstaCat1987 View Post
          Hello to all!

Once again I want to raise the question of changing the character choice in the game (model of a man or a woman).

I want to understand how this system works. In picture 2 (class selection widget), how does the MySQL database work?

There is for example a ModularPlayerCharacter, I recreated the change of the skeleton grid, animation and material. Everything works well, but I cannot understand how it interacts with the base, for example, I choose a man and a model of a man appears in my game, if I create a woman, then I should have a model of a woman.

I’m wondering where to find the ModularPlayerCharacter relationship with the MySQL database?

You want to modify the mmocreatecharacter.php and the Create Character Request function in UE4.
          Then you receive character in PlayerState -> GetCharacterResponse on server
          MMO Starter Kit
          Dialogue Plugin
          Voxel Plugin
          Character Customization: Female
          Character Custmization: Male

Comment

Originally posted by yskwork View Post
            UE4.22 no use OnlineSubsystemSteam , how to get Steam player AccountName
            I don't know if they made any headway with this since last time I had to work with steam api, but the way I did it last year - I modified the UE4 engine to add this stuff myself. It's just a matter of exposing it.
            MMO Starter Kit
            Dialogue Plugin
            Voxel Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mastermikie View Post
              i would like to hear from anyone who has been using the chat within the starter kit successfully. we have been building our game for just over 6 months and have come quite a ways but still cannot get a stable chat running. it tends to stall out the client after 5 mins or so of idle time. this has not worked correctly for us from day 1. we are currently on the latest version of the kit. any help would be appreciated.
              I've rewritten the chat server almost from scratch for the next release, because it was getting buggy for some reason and I couldn't see why.

The new version handles concurrency correctly (the old one did not). And it's code that's easier to read, I think. And the connection goes through this plugin https://unrealengine.com/marketplace...-socket-plugin
              With it, you can serialize anything you want in blueprints -- very easily.

Hopefully you'll have better luck with this new version. I'll release it when new UE4 version comes out.
              Last edited by CodeSpartan; 08-17-2019, 10:52 AM.
              MMO Starter Kit
              Dialogue Plugin
              Voxel Plugin

Comment

Working...
              X