Clear All

how to get, connect to servers ,clients Number

Comment

is there a way to combine mmokit quest with dialouge plugin u created

Comment

Originally posted by xCPx View Post
        Finally got the Class System working <3

[ATTACH=CONFIG]95529[/ATTACH]
        Hello! Please tell me how you coped with the task of choosing a character

Comment

Hello to all!

Once again I want to raise the question of changing the character choice in the game (model of a man or a woman).

I want to understand how this system works. In picture 2 (class selection widget), how does the MySQL database work?

There is for example a ModularPlayerCharacter, I recreated the change of the skeleton grid, animation and material. Everything works well, but I cannot understand how it interacts with the base, for example, I choose a man and a model of a man appears in my game, if I create a woman, then I should have a model of a woman.

I’m wondering where to find the ModularPlayerCharacter relationship with the MySQL database?
          Attached Files

Comment

UE4.22 no use OnlineSubsystemSteam , how to get Steam player AccountName

Comment

i would like to hear from anyone who has been using the chat within the starter kit successfully. we have been building our game for just over 6 months and have come quite a ways but still cannot get a stable chat running. it tends to stall out the client after 5 mins or so of idle time. this has not worked correctly for us from day 1. we are currently on the latest version of the kit. any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by mastermikie View Post
                i would like to hear from anyone who has been using the chat within the starter kit successfully. we have been building our game for just over 6 months and have come quite a ways but still cannot get a stable chat running. it tends to stall out the client after 5 mins or so of idle time. this has not worked correctly for us from day 1. we are currently on the latest version of the kit. any help would be appreciated.
                HI bud. what does hostname.ini file located in AdditionalTools\Chat have in it ?
                Clifford Brock

Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
                Game: Claws&Paws

Comment

Tarly,

i sent you a pm

Comment

I see that. but, it is really late and Simply don't see how to reply. But, the reply should be here anyway. You have machine is being hosted and you are using a child domain. x.x.x.com instead of x.com. I would convert it to IP. x.x.x.x (IP v4) I have not tested to see if the kit runs under IP v6 schema of IPs. my setup is Database hosted on GoDaddy and game server on a machine in my home, under a dynamic IP So I use no.ip. My host name file shows www.jfkgames.com/(php location info.)/
                    my mmoinstance in Content/MMO/Blueprints/GameModes/) shows the same domain. But, my mmogetserver.php had the IP. Not the domain name,

One of the files for the kit didn't work with FQDN (x.com) so I had to change it to the IP where the game server is. So, I could not use the ip IP FQDN.
                    Can you host on a non-nested domain and try it ? So, instead of x.x.x.Com you have a x.com?

Or, call the provider and see if they time out a idle connection after the 4-5 minutes of non-use ?

Goodluck.

Clifford Brock

Comment

We have 3 separate server arrangements. that particular one uses a host x.x.x.com nested domain. our test server which we control 100% uses x.com and we have an internal one all ip based. all 3 of them do the exact same thing. =/
                      Last edited by mastermikie; 08-12-2019, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Rats.!

OHOH... a long time ago... I was running a copy of the game files... and didn't update for a few versions (of the PHP) files. CodeSpartan almost thru watermelon at me, because it took a while to Diagnose it.

Are you using the newest chat server folder from the kit ?

I know it seems like a DUH question. But, since I made that one error, I thought I might ask.

T.

Um, come to think of it, I don't know what version of the chat folder I AM running.
                        Clifford Brock

Comment

yes we are running the most current chat server from the 1.17 kit and fresh built source. i cannot say if we updated the php or not i will look into that directly. thanks for the pointer.

edit update: i checked the php scripts and they are all up to date with the kit. ofc we modified some of them and they have been checked against the newest php scripts and are correct. also our internal test system currently has the base kit installed and no firewalls between things. its as straight forward as it gets.
                          Last edited by mastermikie; 08-12-2019, 08:20 PM.

Comment

I have a older version of the chat server running. Have you tried an older version ?

Clifford Brock

Comment

the oldest i have is the 1.16 version.
                              i also wish to point out i have sent code spartan direct emails on sellfy, posted here and in the discord chat. to no avail. i believe he is like a unicorn or bigfoot. others claimed to have spotted him. but im still not convinced he exists.
                              Last edited by mastermikie; 08-12-2019, 08:40 PM.

Comment

I used to interact with him/her All the time.. CS was active as hell. There was an issue a year ago... or more, and it seems like CS might have a real job now and less time to hang with us. Have you Skyped him/her? I have not tried that in forever... I also have ound that the Discord channel as a number of helpful blokes over there also. I am dry on ideas though. Sorry bud.

T.
                                Clifford Brock

Comment

Working...
                                X