MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI Allure...

It has been some time since I renamed my kit..

My notes say:

"Used this You_tube to rename Cleanthird to ClawsandPaws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmK-A8Dh_Ms

Fixed three days of shyte and heart ache trying to follow the unreal article.

After renameā€¦ compiled game and C&P was born."

If memory serves correct, I still had to use search and like they show in the youtube video, and rename a couple things the video didn't show. then recompile..

Hope this helps get you on the right track.

Oh, and Congratz on buying the kit, and welcome to the club. I look forward to seeing screenies if you care to share your progress.
    Last edited by Tarly; 05-05-2019, 11:38 AM. Reason: slight typo adjust
    Clifford Brock

Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
    Game: Claws&Paws

Comment

Brilliant, Thank You so much !!!
      But it was all in vain lol I don't know what happened but this time it worked, somehow...

Thank You for such a warm welcome, it's supercalifragilisticexpialidociously encouraging ! I'm pursuing game making as a simple hobby for now and it's not always easy getting the help I need, so thanks a bunch, it means a lot !

EDIT : Thanks for sharing, that tutorial end up being a lot more thorough than the one I followed on the forum. Thank You Very Much.
      Last edited by Allure et Charme; 05-05-2019, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Can I hook the database/registration up to a Debian9 VPS? I want this package only for the registration/login system and want to set it up on a remote linux server if possible. I have a LAMP stack already installed with phpmyadmin working and db's setup/ready to go.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRPG View Post
          Can I hook the database/registration up to a Debian9 VPS? I want this package only for the registration/login system and want to set it up on a remote linux server if possible. I have a LAMP stack already installed with phpmyadmin working and db's setup/ready to go.
          I don't know why not, but then I'm not deeply familiar with configuring webservers.
          MMO Starter Kit
          Dialogue Plugin
          Voxel Plugin
          Character Customization: Female
          Character Custmization: Male

Comment

Hi, since i have installed the Steam layer in my game. When a lcient try to connect to the dedicated server i receive this error PreLogin failure: incompatible_unique_net_id and the client cannot connect?

Comment

Released a free plugin today on the marketplace: https://unrealengine.com/marketplace/tcp-socket-plugin
              I'll be integrating it with the MMOKit soon. It should make communication with the chat server easier, since it won't require any C++ anymore.
              I also want to get rid of C++ data assets, since now UE4 allows to make them in blueprints.
              I intend to make the entire project a pure blueprints project.
              Also a couple of fixes in the chat server are to be expected.
              And a few bugfixes in the kit, which were recently reported. E.g., you can kill friendly NPCs if you switch from a hostile target to a friendly target mid-fight
              Last edited by CodeSpartan; 05-14-2019, 02:00 AM.
              MMO Starter Kit
              Dialogue Plugin
              Voxel Plugin
              Character Customization: Female
              Character Custmization: Male

Comment

Excuse me, I can't reset the password of my Selly website and prompt error Captcha malformed. What should I do?

Comment

Im stuck on something wondering if anyone else can help me. When I use "Open Level" it crashes the editor BUT when I use "Open Level" with a "trigger box" it works flawlessly. I want to be able to save and load into levels and ive pretty much incorporated it completely besides being able to actually load into the level I want. The things I tried are making a loading level with a "delay" upon "event begin" and it crashes, making it load the level before going into the world and again crashes...

I have a feeling it has to do with "open level". Is there another way to do it?

Ps I already have the SQL database saving current map I just cant load into those maps because of the crashing.

after rereading the documentation I got this working. Made a mistake in the log window
                  Last edited by Blah11; 06-12-2019, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X