X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MMOStarterKit-1.16-for-UE4.21.0

Comment

Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post

That code was battle tested by thousands of hours on a real project, so no. But the chat server is slightly different from the one we used there. What version of the kit are you on?
      hi CS i wanna ask i wanna use gameplay ability for the ability system..and hwo can i use it and do i need to remove everything in the kit that reference the ability..

Comment

That code was battle tested by thousands of hours on a real project, so no. But the chat server is slightly different from the one we used there. What version of the kit are you on?
        and can u redo the launcher as u know the launcher need to have the notepad settings and people can see where i host my php...its not really secure

Comment

Originally posted by KhxiSaki View Post

hi CS i wanna ask i wanna use gameplay ability for the ability system..and hwo can i use it and do i need to remove everything in the kit that reference the ability..
          No clue, I never used Epic's ability system.
          MMO Starter Kit
          Dialogue Plugin
          Voxel Plugin
          Character Customization: Female
          Character Custmization: Male

Comment

Uploaded the 4.22 version of the kit.

All files have been renamed and moved around to follow Allar's styleguide. The structure now makes much more sense. I'm going to update the documentation to reflect the changes some time today.

Also some warnings have been added in case you hit "play" in editor without checking the "dedicated server" button or if you don't set up your database urls.
            Last edited by CodeSpartan; 04-06-2019, 01:39 PM.
            MMO Starter Kit
            Dialogue Plugin
            Voxel Plugin

Comment

Uploaded the 4.22 version of the kit.

All files have been renamed and moved around to follow Allar's styleguide. The structure now makes much more sense. I'm going to update the documentation to reflect the changes some time today.

Also some warnings have been added in case you hit "play" in editor without checking the "dedicated server" button or if you don't set up your database urls.
              what's new for 4.22

Comment

“That code was battle tested by thousands of hours on a real project, so no. But the chat server is slightly different from the one we used there. What version of the kit are you on?”

Comment

Originally posted by yskwork View Post
                  “That code was battle tested by thousands of hours on a real project, so no. But the chat server is slightly different from the one we used there. What version of the kit are you on?”

Have you modified the sources of the chat server at all?

Could you try this: open the solution in visual studio, build a "Debug" version and run it. See if the problem is reproducible on a debug build.

I had some minor warnings pop up on the demo server occasionally, but right now I decided to investigate them and I'm running the debug build. And for some reason, nothing happens.
                  MMO Starter Kit
                  Dialogue Plugin
                  Voxel Plugin

Comment

“Have you modified the sources of the chat server at all?” no

In 192.168.1.0 network segment is likely to be good

Comment

Originally posted by Nemodain View Post
                      Awesome job Sean, I definitely want to check that out, still wrestling the Advanced Social System and a computer that decided to throw a temper tantrum last night, had a USB port decide to get a hiccup and go through the install/uninstall loop. Ka-Blink, Ka-Blunk.. that gets on your nerves after about 2 hours.

Nemo
                      Hey, the reasons for the error may be various. But I have to check some useful solutions:
                      1.Re-connect your USB device directly to your computer
                      2. Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
                      3.Uninstall all your USB controller drivers
                      4.Update your USB device and motherboard chipset drivers
                      5.Disable the USB selective suspend feature
                      6.Adjust your system settings
                      Or in another way, you may just check the USB device from the Disk Management: Press Win Logo key + R and then type: Diskmgmt.msc to see if your device is there. If it is there, it is easy to be fixed. For more help, just come to this website:https://www.r-datarecovery.com/usb-d...ognizeded.html

Comment

will u add more features like skill tree,revamp or improve the launcher(because the settings.ini show the webhosting)

Comment

Has anyone had any success creating a VR MMORPG (or even a small multiplayer like a scaled down WoW in VR) with this kit?

Comment

Hello,

I just bough the kit for UE4.22 and I am getting what seems to be BP errors when I open the start map. I got an error on one occasion on the main map, but it seemed like nonsense to me, talking about a cylinder that needed to be movable when there is no such object in the project.
                            I compiled everything under VS with no errors or warnings.

Here is the message log.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Allure et Charme View Post
                              Hello,

I just bough the kit for UE4.22 and I am getting what seems to be BP errors when I open the start map. I got an error on one occasion on the main map, but it seemed like nonsense to me, talking about a cylinder that needed to be movable when there is no such object in the project.
                              I compiled everything under VS with no errors or warnings.

Here is the message log.
                              Looks like you're playing the StartMap with "dedicated server" enabled. Just uncheck it whenever you want to test the StartMap. The StartMap is a particular case, because you don't want to start a server with this map for obvious reasons.

I'll implement a warning about that in the next version, if a developer launches it that way.
                              Last edited by CodeSpartan; 05-05-2019, 01:46 AM.
                              MMO Starter Kit
                              Dialogue Plugin
                              Voxel Plugin

Comment

Thank You very much, that was indeed the problem. I would also like to catch your attention on something that I have been trying out and that is renaming the project, I have tried it several times without success following this guide : https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...c-project.html

And so far, it looks like there is still one area we still need to rename, but I don't understand what it is. I have tried many times with and without deleting the saved and intermediary folders but to no avail.

Comment

Working...
                                X