Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, Thank you very much! know where the bug is , the way

Two hours later, Chat does not show,Leave the team, invalid

the chat server up and running, no crashed,again transmission level,Chat show,but Leave the team or join the team, invalid

new incoming level player, Chat show, level old player no see new Chat

Debug log, How to see , .pdb file ,how to use
    Attached Files
    Last edited by yskwork; 03-17-2019, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post

Could you give an example of what you want to do?
      Yes. In the MMOGame i changed the default pawn class from ModularPlayerCharacter to a BP of my own, called CharacterBP and i set inside a spawn actor function at begin play depending on the class number. (0 = spawn WarriorBP ,2 = spawn MageBP and so on). This way it works on the editor (gets the default class 0, the warrior, to spawn) but i cant get this logic to work when i log in on the server. I cant seem to find the part where the server gets the command to spawn my BP instead of your default pawn. (I also tried making a child of the ModularPlayerCharacter and put that logic in there. Same results)

Comment

Originally posted by KOMPLE21 View Post

Yes. In the MMOGame i changed the default pawn class from ModularPlayerCharacter to a BP of my own, called CharacterBP and i set inside a spawn actor function at begin play depending on the class number. (0 = spawn WarriorBP ,2 = spawn MageBP and so on). This way it works on the editor (gets the default class 0, the warrior, to spawn) but i cant get this logic to work when i log in on the server. I cant seem to find the part where the server gets the command to spawn my BP instead of your default pawn. (I also tried making a child of the ModularPlayerCharacter and put that logic in there. Same results)
        1- If you plug in your own blueprints instead of existing ones, expect everything to get broken. There's a lot of links between various BPs, and they immediately get broken when you replace them. Think of placing the electronics of a Boeing into a Airbus. Why would they work, if it's completely different planes? Obviously, you can adapt them, but it requires a lot of work.
        And you could make child BPs inherit from the same class, but in-game classes do not warrant such drastic measures.

2- The way to make different in-game classes (rogue, warrior, etc) is not by making different blueprints for each class. You should make a replicated enum (for your in-game class) on the Player State BP, and depending on its value, the model may change or other changes may take effect, depending on what different classes entail in your game.

You should set this value in OnGetCharacter, and you should add the retrieval of this value in the associated php script.
        Last edited by CodeSpartan; 03-17-2019, 09:12 PM.
        MMO Starter Kit
        Dialogue Plugin
        Voxel Plugin
        Character Customization: Female
        Character Custmization: Male

Comment

Originally posted by yskwork View Post
          ok, Thank you very much! know where the bug is , the way

Two hours later, Chat does not show,Leave the team, invalid

the chat server up and running, no crashed,again transmission level,Chat show,but Leave the team or join the team, invalid

new incoming level player, Chat show, level old player no see new Chat

Debug log, How to see , .pdb file ,how to use
          Sorry, I don't understand. Do you have concrete steps to reproduce the bug? Could you try using google translate when describing it?
          MMO Starter Kit
          Dialogue Plugin
          Voxel Plugin

Comment

After 2 hours, the chat is not displayed and Leave team command is invalid

the chat server up and running, no crashed

Re-enter the level, Local player chat shows that other players can't accept chat, leave the team command is invalid

"starting it through Visual Studio in debug mode and run it like that. If it crashes, you'll know where the bug is"

How to debug debug
            Last edited by yskwork; 03-18-2019, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Hello Guys,
              I want to share with you some of my progress
              Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled.png Views:	1 Size:	375.8 KB ID:	1596683Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot-98.png Views:	1 Size:	129.8 KB ID:	1596677Click image for larger version  Name:	hp.png Views:	1 Size:	42.3 KB ID:	1596678Click image for larger version  Name:	attack.png Views:	1 Size:	575.8 KB ID:	1596682Click image for larger version  Name:	hotbar2.png Views:	1 Size:	165.2 KB ID:	1596681Click image for larger version  Name:	hotbar1.png Views:	1 Size:	195.8 KB ID:	1596680Click image for larger version  Name:	mission.png Views:	1 Size:	94.8 KB ID:	1596679
              -completing a quest will give you XP/JP/COINS.
              -You can set prerequisite quests for each quest.
              -you can make time challenge quest.
              -you can hide/show quests at any time.
              -you can remove any quest and retake it again.
              -Each player has jp/
              xp and level. when killing any monster it will level up.
              -Resizable Hotbar.
              -players can kill each other if they are in PK mode.
              -
              Player can write public chat above itself.
              -redesigned chat windows
              Attached Files

Comment

hi so after i've downloaded the game from the launcher the zip file wont extract into thre game folder..why is this happening?
                Attached Files

Comment

After 2 hours, the chat is not displayed and Leave team command is invalid

the chat server up and running, no crashed

Re-enter the level, Local player chat shows that other players can't accept chat, leave the team command is invalid

"starting it through Visual Studio in debug mode and run it like that. If it crashes, you'll know where the bug is"

How to debug
                  Chat is not displayed for people already on the server or for people who are connecting just now?

Did you modify chat server in any way? And what version are you running? Bbecause I patched it a couple of times in the last year.
                  I'm running a demo server and I don't have this problem, so I don't know how to reproduce it.

Local player chat shows that other players can't accept chat
                  What do you mean by that?

How to debug
                  How comfortable are you with C#? What I'd do is launch the chat server through visual studio, wait for the bug to occur, then put a breakpoints in the code to see where it goes wrong.

Originally posted by KhxiSaki View Post
                  hi so after i've downloaded the game from the launcher the zip file wont extract into thre game folder..why is this happening?
                  The launcher isn't supposed to download a giant .7z file. The .7z only goes from deployer to server, where the php must unpack it. You're doing something wrong.
                  MMO Starter Kit
                  Dialogue Plugin
                  Voxel Plugin

Comment

When teaming up
                    PIE: Warning: This control does not support focusing. If this is a UserWidget,Should be bIsFocusable set true
                    why

Comment

When teaming up
                      PIE: Warning: This control does not support focusing. If this is a UserWidget,Should be bIsFocusable set true
                      why
                      I don't have that. Looks like you've input something into a node like that that's either not a widget, or it's not focusable.
                      MMO Starter Kit
                      Dialogue Plugin
                      Voxel Plugin

Comment

How does the client know if the dedicated server is down
                        Last edited by yskwork; 03-25-2019, 05:56 AM.

Comment

The launcher isn't supposed to download a giant .7z file. The .7z only goes from deployer to server, where the php must unpack it. You're doing something wrong.
                          I
                          Is It Have Something To Do With My WebHost Permission?

The First Pic Is For The PHP And The Second IS For Launcher
                          Attached Files

Comment

This Is The Permission For The Game Folder And In The Folder Is The 7z File is it Suppose To Be That Way Or Is It Extracted because when i go deploy it it said it extracted ?
                            Attached Files

Comment

CodeSpartan This Is How I Uploaded My Game To The Deployer And Download It Using The Launcher
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phVm5g7RReY

Comment

I ve ran into a weird problem. ModularPlayerCharacter doesnt render in mobile preview, though MMOCharacter does. Why is this happening?

Comment

Working...
                                X