No announcement yet.

MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you tried building without nativization? Does it work?

Does the problem appear only when you turn nativization on?

Have you modified the kit or are you building stock version? The errors look like it fails during nativization of some code that's related to matchmaking. Do you have anything like that in your project?
    Last edited by CodeSpartan; 12-17-2018, 10:22 AM.
    MMO Starter Kit
    Dialogue Plugin
    Voxel Plugin
    Character Customization: Female

Comment

Can I make it without database ,but with saving [players log out positions and equipment] on server side [ save plugin] or it won't work ?
      Or i ask other way it will work when i host server from my pc and it will store data in sql file , right ?
      Last edited by Masakralny; 12-17-2018, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Masakralny View Post
        Can I make it without database ,but with saving [players log out positions and equipment] on server side [ save plugin] or it won't work ?
        Or i ask other way it will work when i host server from my pc and it will store data in sql file , right ?
        You can save it using ue4's save game system, but then it wouldn't be an mmo, it'd be a session based game. I recommend to keep one savegame file per character.

Saving and retrieving happens in the playerstate, so if you're going to rewrite it, this is where you start.
        MMO Starter Kit
        Dialogue Plugin
        Voxel Plugin

Comment

Can I make database local so players must to conenct to host's machine [server] ?

Comment

UE4.21.1 Packaging problem, through the project startup package, select Windows Client and Windows Server. After packaging, the client connects to the dedicated server through IP and port. The new players and the server spawn items can see, can not click by mouse。 The bullets spawn by the server can be seen,can not collision. Checking the dedicated server in the editor is good work, isn't listen server,why?

UE4.21.1,Map spawn Actors, custom object/trace channels and event hit work in editor but not packaged game.
            Last edited by yskwork; 12-26-2018, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yskwork View Post
              UE4.21.1 Packaging problem, through the project startup package, select Windows Client and Windows Server. After packaging, the client connects to the dedicated server through IP and port. The new players and the server spawn items can see, can not click by mouse。 The bullets spawn by the server can be seen,can not collision. Checking the dedicated server in the editor is good work, isn't listen server,why?

UE4.21.1,Map spawn Actors, custom object/trace channels and event hit work in editor but not packaged game.
              Hi. If something works in editor, but doesn't work in a cooked build, it's usually not easy to find out why. Best course of action I can recommend is
              - Try to replicate this behavior on a clean project, and if you're successful, report it to Epic as a bug. They usually respond pretty quickly.
              - Try to debug it in the cooked build using a lot of "print string"s to find out what exactly fails.

That's what I'd do. I personally have no experience with 4.21, I'm still on 4.19 with my project and I'm not in a hurry to migrate.
              MMO Starter Kit
              Dialogue Plugin
              Voxel Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Masakralny View Post
                Can I make database local so players must to conenct to host's machine [server] ?
                Yes, if you save characters using save game mechanics, they'll be saved only on the machine where your server is running.
                MMO Starter Kit
                Dialogue Plugin
                Voxel Plugin

Comment

report bug to Epic, How to contact Epic

Comment

Yskwork, If you look at the top of this page, there is a search icon. if you type in " bug report" and click search.. you then get this link. https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/support/report-a-bug I have seen you ask a number of things that a simply search would have answered. You might try looking for answers a bit. Self reliance gives you two things. a faster answer, and confidence in being able to help others.
                    Happy New Year.

Sorry to be so Snarky, (Kinda)
                    Tarly
                    Clifford Brock

Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
                    Game: Claws&Paws

Comment

Tarly
                      Thank you very much,Happy New Year

Comment

Hi, I have a few questions:
                        1. Are you going to ever put the MMO starter kit on the Unreal Marketplace?
                        2. And out of curiosity, why haven't you done so already? A lot of us prefer using the marketplace as its easier to keep track of things, especially if something has been updated.
                        3. How does levels & landscape work with this kit? For instance if you want a very large open world game in one level, is that already implemented from the start or do you need some type of custom level transitioning implemented on your own etc? What is the default setup for the kit in regards to levels/worlds? How big can a level be by default using your kit? If you can only have limited size levels, how are multiple levels handled by default using your kit?

Comment

Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post

Have you tried contacting sellfy? They should be able to help you, but I don't have to tools to do anything. All I can tell you is if your payment went through or not, and on my end it looks like it didn't. Please send them a message (it's a round pop-up in the bottom right corner on their website). Sorry for the inconvenience. Should you be required to make the purchase again (when your money returns), send me a PM and I'll give you a discount.
                          hi i just got the notification for this for some reason as per your reply i contacted sellfy but they said there nothing they can do about it and they said i need to contact the seller i bought this kit again on the first of january but as for my failed purchase before can i get at least 40% of my money back at least cuz on my paypal it did went through

can u contact me on discord
                          @KhaiSaki#1061

Comment

Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post

Have you tried contacting sellfy? They should be able to help you, but I don't have to tools to do anything. All I can tell you is if your payment went through or not, and on my end it looks like it didn't. Please send them a message (it's a round pop-up in the bottom right corner on their website). Sorry for the inconvenience. Should you be required to make the purchase again (when your money returns), send me a PM and I'll give you a discount.
                            also could u consider make a stats template in the kit and also when i make a new map the player dissapear(i followed everything in da documentation)

Comment

Originally posted by Pine722 View Post
                              Hi, I have a few questions:
                              1. Are you going to ever put the MMO starter kit on the Unreal Marketplace?
                              2. And out of curiosity, why haven't you done so already? A lot of us prefer using the marketplace as its easier to keep track of things, especially if something has been updated.
                              3. How does levels & landscape work with this kit? For instance if you want a very large open world game in one level, is that already implemented from the start or do you need some type of custom level transitioning implemented on your own etc? What is the default setup for the kit in regards to levels/worlds? How big can a level be by default using your kit? If you can only have limited size levels, how are multiple levels handled by default using your kit?
                              1. I'm strongly considering it.
                              2. Originally, it was because code projects weren't accepted at the time (it was a long time ago). Now it's ok, so it shouldn't be a problem.
                              3. You need to implement transitions and you need to save server port when character quits (let's suppose that one port always corresponds to a certain level) and when character enters, you need to retrieve it on client so you know where to connect. The principle is described in the documentation. So it's not something that you have out of the box, but it's not difficult to do on your own.
                              MMO Starter Kit
                              Dialogue Plugin
                              Voxel Plugin

Comment

Working...
                              X