No announcement yet.

MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Careful with the launcher. I dont know if you fixed this issue but in your original test download, the launcher had unsecured FTP information in one of the files. Simply opening the file in text editor exposed everything needed to log into your FTP account.

This was a very early version of the launcher so it may be fixed by now. If not, why does the launcher need ftp info anyways? It should just be able to download the files off the server. I dont see a practical purpose in allowing the launcher to upload files.

Comment

@FlyofAvalon: I use a read FTP account and my username and password is encrypted. I agree that the launcher doesn't need write access to the server.
      Quinton Delpeche
      Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

Comment

Why use FTP anyway? Why not HTTP?

I don't have FTP :P (I use SSH to upload)

Comment

Originally posted by Zydronium View Post
          First, Thanks for making this toolkit!

I've got a problem when I want to login and register;
          I get the message that I've registered and logged in, but he next screen won't load...

I use version 4.6 of unreal engine.
          For those who may be having problems getting to character list / be able to create a new character and have it go back to character list. Make sure MySQL stuff is correct (should say Logged In!) But if still not transitioning correctly please read below.

In current version there are couples problems that can be fixed one of two ways:

Easy way:
          Change your PHP settings to turn off display errors
          Reason: For some reason if php encounters an error, it will break, and not send any json data
          http://php.net/manual/en/errorfunc.configuration.php

Fixing 3 small bugs
          • Fix the problem problem that rosella brought up at the bottom of the post with declaring multiple json headers.
            Remove them from the bottom of the bottom of each file.
            https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post204617
          • In mmogetcharacters.php

PHP Code:
            $chars $conn->query($sql);

//if ($chars->num_rows == 0)  echo  json_encode(array('status'=>'NOCHARACTERS'));
            //else {

//echo  json_encode(array('status'=>'HASCHARACTERS'));

while ($char $chars->fetch_assoc()) 
            {

//add to array of characters:    

$chararray[] = array('id' => $char['id'], 'name'=>$char['name'], 'class'=>$char['class'], 'gender'=>$char['gender'], 'level'=>$char['level']);
            }

echo 
            json_encode(array('status'=>'OK''characters'=>$chararray)); 
            TO
            PHP Code:
                        $chars $conn->query($sql);

// If no rows then they have no Characters

if ($chars->num_rows == 0)  echo json_encode(array('status'=>'OK''characters'=> null));/// No rows so no Characters
                        // They have some amount of characters so lets return each of them

else {
                            while (
            $char $chars->fetch_assoc()) 
                            {

//add to array of characters:    

$chararray[] = array('id' => $char['id'], 'name'=>$char['name'], 'class'=>$char['class'], 'gender'=>$char['gender'], 'level'=>$char['level']);
                            }

echo 
            json_encode(array('status'=>'OK''characters'=>$chararray));
                        } 
          • In mmocreatecharacters.php
            Note: until gender is implemented in character creation we will hardcode it to 0

PHP Code:
            $gender $mydata ->gender
            to
            PHP Code:
            $gender 0

After that, hopefully it won't depend on how your php is set up.
          Last edited by KRushin; 01-19-2015, 04:10 AM.
          Twitter - @TheKRushin

Feel free to ask questions and come learn to be an #UnrealDev

How to report a Bug

Comment

Hi, I've purchase this on Sellfy, but I can't find the Sword girl asset and the Character Mesh Switching Example for Blueprint.
            This means :
            The demo is no sword girl asset.
            I don't see the example BP for changing player's mesh.
            Best regards.

Comment

@KRushin: I have disabled the errors (display_errors), which I don't realy like, but now I get the character listing.

When I want to enter the world (I've set the character id to 0)

I get an error with the following stacktrace:
              MachineId:3872D2104706DFB0C1C82CA3122A1643
              EpicAccountId:5e61e6f9407648c8a1eccd367bb82b08

Unknown exception - code 00000001 (first/second chance not available)

Fatal error: [File:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++depot+UE4-Releases+4.6\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\Editor.cpp] [Line: 6896]
              World //Game//Maps//UEDPIE_2_Start.Start not cleaned up by garbage collection!
              (Object is not currently rooted

KERNELBASE + 35740 bytes
              UE4Editor_Core + 3092349 bytes
              UE4Editor_Core + 1597391 bytes
              UE4Editor_UnrealEd + 1817658 bytes
              UE4Editor_Engine + 9510791 bytes
              UE4Editor_Engine + 9613816 bytes
              UE4Editor_UnrealEd + 1802106 bytes
              UE4Editor_UnrealEd + 6686342 bytes
              UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() + 3876 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.6\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2214]
              UE4Editor!GuardedMain() + 479 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.6\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:131]
              UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() + 26 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.6\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126]
              UE4Editor!WinMain() + 249 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.6\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:202]
              UE4Editor!__tmainCRTStartup() + 329 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]

Comment

Originally posted by Zydronium View Post
                @KRushin: I have disabled the errors (display_errors), which I don't realy like, but now I get the character listing.
                When I want to enter the world (I've set the character id to 0)
                you don't have to disable errors if you make the fixes i listed in the previous post (how i'm running it).

Are you trying to play in the main world/level you want to play (desert rally)?
                Check the FAQ, if you have done any changed spartan addressed some problems with that error
                Twitter - @TheKRushin

Feel free to ask questions and come learn to be an #UnrealDev

How to report a Bug

Comment

Ok I'll check that out

Well I did a quick "fix". First I want to see it working and then building it out.
                  Besides I want to swap out PHP and replace is with C# ASP.NET, like my other systems.

I have some PHP sites running though, but prefer .NET

Comment

Hi Zydronium, and thanks for purchasing

First of all, if you register and can create/choose a character successfully, the issue is almost certainly not php. Are you trying to enter the world from editor? That's not possible, you can only check that transition from standalone/packaged (Listen Server part of the documentation). If you get this error when running standalone, check these two things:
                    1) the client's shortcut has -local parameter in it (otherwise it will try to connect to the server ip specified in mmologin.php)
                    2) the project settings have valid map specified as server default map, and this map has a JSONRequests object in it

In current version there are couples problems that can be fixed one of two ways:
                    Thanks for finding those!

Guys, note that you only have to apply this fix if you have problems with getting php to work. Also, either turn off display errors in the php settings or fix the lines KRushin posted, you don't have to do both.

Hi, I've purchase this on Sellfy, but I can't find the Sword girl asset and the Character Mesh Switching Example for Blueprint.
                    Hm, doesn't the documentation say you have to duplicate GuyPlayerCharacter blueprint? Please use the latest documentation linked in the first post, section "Customizing the player character".

the launcher had unsecured FTP information in one of the files.
                    This account is supposed to be public, read-only, and this is mentioned in the documentation. Actually, I would recommend using anonymous account for that.
                    Last edited by CodeSpartan; 01-19-2015, 08:10 PM.
                    MMO Starter Kit
                    Dialogue Plugin
                    Voxel Plugin
                    Character Customization: Female

Comment

Hi, Sorry for my post is not clear enough.
                      What I mean is that there is no career/role selection demo in your project.
                      Which means select different career will spawn different mesh.
                      In your demo, you only assign default pawn class.
                      What I mean is spawning actor with different pawn class dynamically.

Best regards.

Comment

Originally posted by ZenTechEntertaiment View Post
                        Hi, Sorry for my post is not clear enough.
                        What I mean is that there is no career/role selection demo in your project.
                        Which means select different career will spawn different mesh.
                        In your demo, you only assign default pawn class.
                        What I mean is spawning actor with different pawn class dynamically.

Best regards.
                        I plan to add differences between classes in one of the future updates. However, the demo is based on WoW and in WoW the character mesh is the same for each career, only the armor meshes are different. Still, it's very easy to do this the way you want (with different meshes): in JSONRequests blueprint, in OnGetCharacterResponse function before the server assigns the character's stats, you can destroy the player's character (Destroy Actor), spawn a new one based on the career (Spawn Actor From Class), and make the player's controller Possess that newly spawned character.
                        MMO Starter Kit
                        Dialogue Plugin
                        Voxel Plugin

Comment

CodeSpartan, if I buy this kit on Sellfy, will I have future updates?

Comment

Yes, Sellfy purchasers can download the updated kit automatically after the update comes out.
                            MMO Starter Kit
                            Dialogue Plugin
                            Voxel Plugin

Comment

Bought . Price alone is just worth taking a look under hood of network programming. Over the next few days I plan to play around with it and setup a backend with Laravel.
                              Just a noob grinding in this game we call Life.

Comment

Hey CodeSpartan,

Love your work! We are using the Launcher System for our game, and it works great. We have found a weird issue that hopefully you might have some insight on. When we build out the launcher, and set up the files, it works great. Connects, downloads, and all that.

But, when we package up the launcher in an install file using Inno, the launcher will start, but will get stuck on deleting temp files and never download. Are there any ideas from you on what could be causing this?

EDIT: I figured it out. Nothing wrong with your side. When you install with it, you have to Run it as Administrator.
                                Last edited by ProfessionsQuest; 01-27-2015, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X