Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've not know any mmos to have 150 people in one area
    Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post

Thanks for the report, I'll try to fix this in the next version.

~150 like in most mmos (that is 150 per area).
    Is that Unreals default? You haven't modified the engine to allow for that amount have you? The only netcode you have changed is for the chat server right? If I have this correct the way Unreal replicates is to everyone on that map even if they are across the other side of the map and you cannot see them?

Comment

Hi everyone,

I bought this package today

Cheers,

Xander

Comment

Originally posted by Xander93 View Post
        Hi everyone,

I bought this package today

Cheers,

Xander
        No worries man

Comment

Hello,

Just a hello from a happy new MMO kit buyer !!

CodeSpartan, you save my life and especially so much development time!

I was a little "scared" at the thought of using Photon.

Just a question, there is any (automatic) way to be kept informed of the new release of the kit?

Have nive day everyone !

XuruDragon

Comment

Originally posted by XuruDragon View Post
            Hello,

Just a hello from a happy new MMO kit buyer !!

CodeSpartan, you save my life and especially so much development time!

I was a little "scared" at the thought of using Photon.

Just a question, there is any (automatic) way to be kept informed of the new release of the kit?

Have nive day everyone !

XuruDragon
            When a new ue4 version comes out, it usually takes a week or two for a new kit version to come out.

Originally posted by MortisVelox View Post
            I've not know any mmos to have 150 people in one area

Is that Unreals default? You haven't modified the engine to allow for that amount have you? The only netcode you have changed is for the chat server right? If I have this correct the way Unreal replicates is to everyone on that map even if they are across the other side of the map and you cannot see them?
            Whether it's 100 or 150 depends on your gameplay of course. Fortnite's gameplay allows 100. Maybe your MMO's gameplay would allow more. Depends.

I've not modified the engine, no.
            All actors have a variable called "Net Cull Distance Squared", it's a distance after which they don't get replicated to others.

MMO Starter Kit
            Dialogue Plugin
            Voxel Plugin
            Character Customization: Female
            Character Custmization: Male

Comment

Setting up the launcher is not working when i login with admin and 123456 its not working. please help...

Comment

Setting up the launcher is not working when i login with admin and 123456 its not working. please help...
                Open index.php and find line 41 that says private $allowRegistration = FALSE;
                Change FALSE to TRUE and this will allow you to register a new account.
                MMO Starter Kit
                Dialogue Plugin
                Voxel Plugin

Comment

Open index.php and find line 41 that says private $allowRegistration = FALSE;
                  Change FALSE to TRUE and this will allow you to register a new account.
                  PDO database connection problem: could not find driver

Local it works but on my vps it doesnt

Comment

PDO database connection problem: could not find driver

Local it works but on my vps it doesnt
                    You need to have a module called pdo_mysql enabled in php settings.
                    MMO Starter Kit
                    Dialogue Plugin
                    Voxel Plugin

Comment

I plan to add differences between classes in one of the future updates. However, the demo is based on WoW and in WoW the character mesh is the same for each career, only the armor meshes are different. Still, it's very easy to do this the way you want (with different meshes): in JSONRequests blueprint, in OnGetCharacterResponse function before the server assigns the character's stats, you can destroy the player's character (Destroy Actor), spawn a new one based on the career (Spawn Actor From Class), and make the player's controller Possess that newly spawned character.
                      this is something I'm trying to figure myself, i realise the post is outdated and changes would have been made. but where is the JSONRequests blueprint in the current version, i cant seem to find it

Comment

Originally posted by Johnfenton1980 View Post

this is something I'm trying to figure myself, i realise the post is outdated and changes would have been made. but where is the JSONRequests blueprint in the current version, i cant seem to find it
                        The blueprint is MMOPlayerState, the method is still OnGetCharacterResponse.
                        MMO Starter Kit
                        Dialogue Plugin
                        Voxel Plugin

Comment

The launcher GameUploader is not creating the hash.xml file..... the only thing works is placing a self made hash.xml file into the launcher folder but thats not how it works right?

Comment

The launcher GameUploader is not creating the hash.xml file..... the only thing works is placing a self made hash.xml file into the launcher folder but thats not how it works right?
                            1. uploader downloads hash.xml to compare local version with the one on server, temporarily stores it as oldHash.xml
                            2. uploader uploads new hash.xml to newupdate/hash.xml on server along with update files
                            3. php deployer copies newupdate/hash.xml to root folder during deployment
                            4. launcher downloads it, calling it locally serverHash.xml. It compares serverHash.xml to localHash.xml (that might not exist if it's being launched for the first time). After update is complete, serverHash.xml is kept as localHash.xml

More or less.
                            MMO Starter Kit
                            Dialogue Plugin
                            Voxel Plugin

Comment

Question about answer 1. "uploader downloads hash.xml" which hash.xml do you mean? the one from your ftp? because at start you have no hash.xml right?

Comment

Question about answer 1. "uploader downloads hash.xml" which hash.xml do you mean? the one from your ftp? because at start you have no hash.xml right?
                                Yes, from ftp. If it doesn't exist on ftp, that means the upload is happening for the first time and so the entirety of the game has to be uploaded.
                                MMO Starter Kit
                                Dialogue Plugin
                                Voxel Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X