MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having an issue while trying to run the dedicated server:
    [2017.05.06-17.22.43:101][ 0]LogStreaming:Error: Couldn't find file for package /Game/Maps/DesertRallyRace requested by async loading code. NameToLoad: /Game/Maps/DesertRallyRace
    This map doesn't exist anymore because I use my own map so I deleted this one but I can't find any reference to it in my blueprints or project settings or php files or database, etc. Where should I check please?

Comment

Guys who use MMOkit, what would you say about making Discord channel for MMokit , I think that would super awesome place for as all chat and help each other. Plus it would be more or less real time support or help where we help each other instead wait for CS come and rescue us. if CS don't wanna make a channel some one from use can administer the channel ,
      3d Artisit / Generalist
      Portfolio : https://positivity.artstation.com/

Comment

Just curious if anyone here has had a similar problem to mine (and if so was there a fix?). When using the launcher to download my game onto 3 of my machines, it goes through fine and everythings in the right place. The 4th computer NEVER gets the .umap files for our project (it seems like any .umap thats above a certain size.) So if the maps we make are too big it doesn't wanna download, but only for this particular computer. Is this a known (or can anyone say this happened with theirs) issue with the launcher or am I looking in the wrong place? That 4th PC is on a different network on the other side of the states, but our server is centrally located so here in cali my 3 PC's download fine, while the one in miami downloads everything fine except .umaps. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Is there a discord with mmokit devs in it so we can all chat about the kit and our projects? If yes olease send me link!

Comment

--removed as i found the answer --
            Last edited by Nomad1986; 05-24-2017, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Hey guys,

I have created a discord MMOkit hub for anyone who wants to join and converse and help each other with issues since it takes like 24-48 hours for posts to be put up in the forums due to moderation and CodeSpartan being busy which is understandable. Please let me know CodeSpartan if this is not acceptable or if there is already a populated server and i will happily remove mine. if not then all MMOkit purchasers are welcome!

https://discord.gg/j8msZYB

Thanks
              Nomad
              Last edited by Nomad1986; 05-24-2017, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad1986 View Post
                Hey guys,

I have created a discord MMOkit hub for anyone who wants to join and converse and help each other with issues since it takes like 24-48 hours for posts to be put up in the forums due to moderation and CodeSpartan being busy which is understandable. Please let me know CodeSpartan if this is not acceptable or if there is already a populated server and i will happily remove mine. if not then all MMOkit purchasers are welcome!

https://discord.gg/j8msZYB

Thanks
                Nomad
                It's absolutely fine

Just popping in to say I'm working on 4.16 and it should be ready by tomorrow. It'll contain a few fixes here and there.
                MMO Starter Kit
                Dialogue Plugin
                Voxel Plugin
                Character Customization: Female

Comment

Hey everyone. The MMOKit has been updated to UE 4.16, it's now live on Sellfy.

Changelog for version 1.10:

- Game Client Fix: a minor memory leak in game client happened every time you sent a message to chat server.
                  - Game Client Fix: there was an unnecessary space in front of your message when you wisped.
                  - Chat Server Fix: now when you send a wisp, you see it as "[W] To Player: Message" instead of "[W] Player: Message", which looked like you didn't send the wisp, but received it.
                  - Launcher Fix: a bug was locking up the UI thread, which occasionally made the launcher unresponsive/frozen for seconds or even minutes (even though it continued to download updates correctly in the background and would eventually unfreeze).
                  - Launcher Fix: download progress was being displayed incorrectly (i.e. remaining MB). It was off by around 50%.
                  - Launcher Fix: when having to deal with big files close to 4gb, a certain int would overflow.

I wrote down what I did when I ported it to 4.16, in case someone needs to port their project from 4.15:
                  - CleanThirdPerson.Build.cs, CleanThirdPerson.Target.cs, CleanThirdPersonEditor.Target.cs, CleanThirdPersonServer.Target.cs have to be brought to new 4.16 standard to avoid deprecation warnings.
                  - Inclusion order in header files has changed, you'll get explanatory warnings about it in VS.
                  - In Inventory Blueprint :: DropDraggedItem Event - update deprecated node "Set Input Mode Game And UI"
                  - In ChooseWaypoint Blueprint :: EventGraph - update deprecated node "ChooseRandomReachablePointInRadius"
                  - Enable MfMedia plugin.

Also added the unofficial Discord channel in first post.
                  Last edited by CodeSpartan; 05-25-2017, 08:11 PM.
                  MMO Starter Kit
                  Dialogue Plugin
                  Voxel Plugin

Comment

Awesome, thanks CodeSpartan!

Comment

Thanks CodeSpartan! We would very much love it if you would honour us with your presence in the discord! I will personally hand you the rank of MMOKit Dev or whatever you want!

Comment

I have a problem with getting VaRest to work
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	b4dbc4a0f03fc6b03f7d7f5d746d95ee.png
Views:	1
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	1128693

Comment

Since it's MMO Kit version 1.9, are you using UE 4.15 from github? Did you compile the project (mmokit) in VS?

Can you be a bit more specific, how is this thing happening?
                          MMO Starter Kit
                          Dialogue Plugin
                          Voxel Plugin

Comment

Hello spartan Just wanna know do you have a character builder for sale somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by wungun View Post
                              Hello spartan Just wanna know do you have a character builder for sale somewhere?
                              Hi, nope. It was planned and the biggest chunk of work was done, but I didn't have a good example male and female model, and the idea was shelved. Wouldn't even find the sources now, it was back in 4.11 or something like that.

And now there's this editor on the marketplace: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...racter-creator
                              It's not as good, but it's ok.
                              MMO Starter Kit
                              Dialogue Plugin
                              Voxel Plugin

Comment

Good evening

So here's my issue, hoping someone can help me figure out whats going on.

Background: I have followed Silent Ox Studio's tutorials on setting this up. Thus far, all tests have been spot on and I matched my results directly with his. I launch the chat server, and the server itself. I do not see any indicators in the server log that are negative, (However I may not know what to look for.) I have not migrated to UE4 4.16 or the MMO 1.10 kit yet as I'm not sure quiet how to make that migration.

UE4 verion 4.15.3
                                MMO-Starter Kit - 1.9
                                Windows 10 64-bit

Issue:
                                --> When I open the Launcher, it patches, when I hit 'Play' it makes a sound and nothing happens.
                                --> Additionally, if I launch through the .exe file in my downloaded game. I can log in to character select. But the character will not load into the world. I do not see any indication from the server log that something is trying to load in and failing.

Steps:
                                - I have taken the full series of tutorials by Silent Ox with great results and am not finding any discrepancies that I can see in my files, uploads, directories, etc.
                                - I have launched the servers on 2 different desk tops, same results.
                                - When doing it "locally", no issues.
                                - I have uploaded a new version of the game. To include logging into my index.php and redeployed. No known issues.

Questions: Regarding the computer hosting
                                1. Do I need to have anything besides the server running? Like the game open in the editor or something?
                                2. Do I need to do any VS builds on the hosting computer?
                                3. Is there a specific log or screen shot I can post to help troubleshoot?
                                4. How do I get the MMO Kit 1.10 for 4.16, I dont think I have a selfy log in that I know of?

I am on the discord channel. Nightvain is my name on there.

I'm not sure what else to put in here that might be useful. The only thing I notice, and I'm not sure if its normal or not, "No hash.xml detected. No new version to deploy." when I am logged into my index.php. However when I look at my file structure within my hosting services file manager, I do see a hash.xml.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'd also like to thank Silent Ox Studios for the tutorials, and CodeSpartan for the kit. Really fantastic work and my team is very grateful. Thank you.
                                Last edited by Eagle1Studios; 06-04-2017, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X