No announcement yet.

MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I have problem with gravity I guess. For example I run dedicated server with 3 players, 1 player is registered and has ID 0 other players "Charactername", so player with ID 0 falls through the landscape when the other players are ok. Help please!

Comment

Originally posted by HeenamNoh View Post
      A question: the graphic assets such as map, props, etc, those can be used as free for my project? It can be possibly used in the commercial product. So legal wise, I am wondering about it.
      The Map in this Kit is from the Epic Games Launcher and can be found under the 'Learn' tab >> Vehicle Game. You can use anything in these learn projects but they are licensed for use only with Unreal Engine-based products. as stated on the download portion there.

Comment

I understand why we didn't see any additional content with 4.1.4 release. But, have we heard anything about what is going to be released for 4.15? Or has the feature set of the kit hit all it is going to get ?

T.
        Clifford Brock

Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
        Game: Claws&Paws

Comment

Wow awesome!!@

Comment

Originally posted by Tarly View Post
            I understand why we didn't see any additional content with 4.1.4 release. But, have we heard anything about what is going to be released for 4.15? Or has the feature set of the kit hit all it is going to get ?

T.
            I wouldn't call it feature complete yet, but it's almost feature complete as far as its purpose being an architectural starting point for an MMO.
            I could add stuff like the minimap, map, and other similar systems, but not all MMOs need them, and not all of them need a WoW-like implementation of said mechanics. I don't want to bloat the project with these things, to the contrary - I want it to be as lightweight and multi-purpose as possible. And it's in a good place right now in regards to these goals.

Anyway, just a heads up that I'm working on a 4.15 version. The demo server is already running on 4.15. Should be able to roll out the new version for you guys soon.
            MMO Starter Kit
            Dialogue Plugin
            Voxel Plugin
            Character Customization: Female
            Character Custmization: Male

Comment

Any chance we will see changing maps with out a zoning screen? Really the only feature I would like that might be great for us all.

BTW: So glad to see you post. I love the kit and all that you have done with it.

Cliff
              Last edited by Tarly; 02-22-2017, 08:55 PM.
              Clifford Brock

Comment

Originally posted by Raizone View Post
                ARPG WIP using mmo kit:

Combat system overhaul:
                https://youtu.be/5feG3jDo0Mw
                Nice work Raizone! Im trying to make 3rd person aim MMO as you have done but in fantasy setting. Did you write the combat system youself or did use use any assets?
                Also was it much work to get the RPG Inventory system to work with MMOkit?

Comment

4.15 is up on Sellfy.

Originally posted by Tarly View Post
                  Any chance we will see changing maps with out a loading screen?
                  There are many difficulties involved for this particular system. It's not something I'd write off as a possibility, but it's not something I'd have any ETA for either.
                  MMO Starter Kit
                  Dialogue Plugin
                  Voxel Plugin

Comment

OK bud... and thanks for the update.... If you have time, please take a look at my skype message
                    Clifford Brock

Comment

Two things I'd love to see with the kit, "Area" chat and Instance / Zoning Maps without having to run 50 different Servers.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaith View Post
                        The Map in this Kit is from the Epic Games Launcher and can be found under the 'Learn' tab >> Vehicle Game. You can use anything in these learn projects but they are licensed for use only with Unreal Engine-based products. as stated on the download portion there.
                        Thanks Xaith! As you mentioned, i found it from the Epic site. Appreciate you help~

Comment

Hey, any ideea when the demo client is fixed ? I press login to character after making it but nothing happens, I cannot join the game itself, been trying since yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by 1Word View Post
                            Hey, any ideea when the demo client is fixed ? I press login to character after making it but nothing happens, I cannot join the game itself, been trying since yesterday
                            Server was down. Should be up now.
                            MMO Starter Kit
                            Dialogue Plugin
                            Voxel Plugin

Comment

I purchased this product and when I go to the web site to download it shows no purchased products... I sent an email to the developer a few weeks back with a copy of the PayPal receipt and I've not heard back. How long does it take to verify purchase and to update the web site? I am not planning on making an MMO, I just wanted to review concepts that was presented in the kit... Which is why I waited for two weeks before posting here.

teak
                              "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
                              -- Willy Wonka

Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.22 here.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeiten
                                Hey Teak, did you buy it via Sellfy?
                                If so when you log in, are you checking under "My purchases" ?
                                This might not be CodeSpartans fault as I know it shows there for me and is updated always quickly.

Did you try contacting CodeSpartan via the website or emailing Sellfy?

I'm sorry you're encountering this issue though, it is a great kit and I learned so much from it. I don't
                                know CodeSpartan personally and this isn't a paid promotion but I can't stress the amount of money
                                you paid for this product will pay off ten fold! Welcome to the MMOKit-Club though
                                I did send an email directly to CodeSpartan... Didn't think about Sellfy though... Thx.

teak
                                "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
                                -- Willy Wonka

Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.22 here.

Comment

Working...
                                X