No announcement yet.

MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else having issues with the launcher? I have never been able to get people to sequentially patch, only ever by totally clearing the upload and redoing it. This week, I updated the launcher, the php and the deployment to the ones from the newest download, just in case. Now, when it downloads, it seems to not care what the layout of files are. In the temp folder, everything is in the right place. When it deploys, files are everywhere.

*edit*
    Actually, this just got more interesting. I opened one of the zipped files in temp, and the contents doesn't match the name. It matches the file that ends up in the eventual location, which suggests the issue's with the uploader

*edit 2* No, I stand corrected. On the server, the file is named right AND has the right contents. When the launcher downloads it, the name doesn't match the contents. I'm very confused.
    Last edited by Dahak; 01-06-2017, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Is it possible to just purchase the launcher?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by thejhNZ View Post
        Is it possible to just purchase the launcher?

Cheers
        I believe this was asked some time ago. And the answer was no then, you never know. CS may have changed his mind since. NO reason ya can't ask... right?
        Clifford Brock

Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
        Game: Claws&Paws

Comment

hi
          i have problem in demo client .why after 2 min select character and enter world dont run game and show network time out error?
          anybody can help me for run demo client?
          Last edited by benyamin.ab; 01-10-2017, 08:56 AM.

Comment

This is amazing ! Can't wait to see whats next!

Keep the great work !

Comment

Originally posted by benyamin.ab View Post
              hi
              i have problem in demo client .why after 2 min select character and enter world dont run game and show network time out error?
              anybody can help me for run demo client?
              I too am curious about this.

Comment

Any plans on adding item linking to chat? :P like most MMOs that you can (by shift+click item) link the attributes of the item to the chat :P

Comment

Just asking is there a way to import in game Build System i have it from Market and how ?
                  Tnx

Comment

Sorry still learning things. I have a noob question. I purchased this this almost a year again and been playing with it + unreal on and off. I have been working on a combat system in c++ with replication. My question is what will be the best way to "blend" my c++ controller/combat system with this plugin?

I read the documentation over and over and the only thing i found was in FAQ

Q: How can I implement a no-target combat system?
                    A: If you know how to make a no-target combat system in a single player UE4 project, it shouldn't be hard to add that to the MMO Kit in place of the default system. You could use Line Trace For Objects for weapons that use crosshair (the line would start at the center of the screen and go forward in the camera direction, its length would be the gun's range) and Sphere Overlap Actors for weapons that don't.
                    There are tutorials available on the web/YouTube on how to make a simple FPS setup in UE4. I recommend making your system work in a clean TPP/FPP project first, and then transfer it to MMO Kit.
                    The blueprints that you’d want to change are:
                    MMOPlayerController - Right-Mouse Button event starts auto-attacking
                    MMOCharacter - Auto-Attack event
                    As it says we would need to edit MMOPlayerController and MMOCharacter but how would i get them to work with my C++ code? Haven't played with blueprints enough.

Any tips, tricks or answers are welcomed. I also ran through this forum with no luck.

Comment

ARPG WIP using mmo kit:

Combat system overhaul:
                      https://youtu.be/5feG3jDo0Mw

Comment

Very nice. Is this using all blueprint for the attacks? Thinking i may have to swallow a learning experience and do it with bp instead of trying to get my C++ to work. What i am attempting to do is, replace "My Character" BP with my custom character controls re-parent the the MMOCharacter BP to inherent from my custom c++ then inject my combat system, which is akin to games like Skyrim. Any idea on how i would go about that without completely breaking the kit?

Comment

Originally posted by Marioz08 View Post
                          Very nice. Is this using all blueprint for the attacks? Thinking i may have to swallow a learning experience and do it with bp instead of trying to get my C++ to work. What i am attempting to do is, replace "My Character" BP with my custom character controls re-parent the the MMOCharacter BP to inherent from my custom c++ then inject my combat system, which is akin to games like Skyrim. Any idea on how i would go about that without completely breaking the kit?
                          Sent you a PM

Comment

A question: the graphic assets such as map, props, etc, those can be used as free for my project? It can be possibly used in the commercial product. So legal wise, I am wondering about it.

Comment

Does anyone know where I can find the legal statement on this matter?

Comment

Hi,

I would like to buy your awesome work but selfy needs a payment from paypal. I live in Turkey and my s**ty goverment banned paypal in our country (https://techcrunch.com/2016/05/31/pa...-of-thousands/).

Can you able to contact with me? i can pay with wire transfer or credit card or other any possible solutions.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X