Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jump Animation Sequence - Can't See Necessary Nodes

Hi guys,

I've been following this tutorial on setting up character animations and I'm stuck on the jump animation:

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...ump/index.html

Specifically in step 5, it's saying I should grab the TimeRemaining for my animation, but none of those nodes show up in my context menu (neither in nor out of context). I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Just type in "time remaining". Then it should appear. Otherwise disable "context sensitive"

Also make sure that you have used your animation in one of the states

Comment

Originally posted by fighter5347 View Post
      Just type in "time remaining". Then it should appear. Otherwise disable "context sensitive"

Also make sure that you have used your animation in one of the states
      Tried all of that. The only thing I see that makes any sense is Get Timer Remaining Time, which has Object Reference (anim sequence) and Function Name (string) inputs. It outputs a float, which is ultimately what I need, but do I need to put anything into the Function Name input? I can select the animation Object easy enough.

Comment

Are you sure that you have the animation dragged into your state? That screwed me over a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by Zooch View Post
          Tried all of that. The only thing I see that makes any sense is Get Timer Remaining Time, which has Object Reference (anim sequence) and Function Name (string) inputs. It outputs a float, which is ultimately what I need, but do I need to put anything into the Function Name input? I can select the animation Object easy enough.

No, you shouldnt use that -> as Pabooklas mentioned, double check if you really have an animation in your state

Comment

Originally posted by Pabooklas View Post
            Are you sure that you have the animation dragged into your state? That screwed me over a few times.
            That's what I thought at first. After double checking, I have animations in both the source and destination states. Could it be that one of them is a blend space? I'm currently trying to go from the state with an Anim Instance to the state with a Blend Space.

Quick edit: I tried removing the blend space and adding another anim instance and that still didn't fix the issue.

Comment

If the animation is there and you tried with and without context sensitive, I am out of ideas

Comment

As you already realized, it should also work with blendspaces -> as I see from the image you have copied the state? What happens when you just recreate it? (probably then you will be abel to get the time remain ration). I tried out some stuff, but in my case it somehow works all the time

Comment

Ahh the _Copy is from moving the animation itself and saving as a copy. That's simply the animation's name, not that it's a copied state. I've also posted in Unreal Answers, so hopefully we can come to a resolution.

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...y-nodes-i.html
                  Last edited by Zooch; 11-14-2014, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Ok, now I run out of ideas. Could you probably upload your anim bp (when it is possible also the animations) so that we can take a look at it?

Comment

@Zooch plug your state machine into the final node and compile, then you should see the time-remaining in the statemachine conditions

had this problem about a year ago
                      UT40K:The Chosen - Warhammer 40,000 for UE4
                      ut40kgeodav - UE4 Tutorials

Comment

Originally posted by Geodav View Post
                        @Zooch plug your state machine into the final node and compile, then you should see the time-remaining in the statemachine conditions

had this problem about a year ago
                        Oh man, points to you sir! This was indeed the problem.

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Working...
                        X