Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foliage Instances Harvesting - removing causes huge fps drop / lag

Hi i hope someone can help me with this problem:
    Iam try to make trees harvestable and yes its working, but it gives me a huge fps drop / lag when i try to remove a Tree Foliage Instance (cutting down a tree) - this fps drop multiplies with the count of trees and foliage instances in my level :/

Does anyone know any work arround or possible fix how to do this better using the foliage tool? (its a very large map, it would be impossible to place every mesh by hand)

Click image for larger version

Name:	hit.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	1760768

This happens everytime when the engine convert the instance back to a mesh to destroy it
    Last edited by Sky001; 05-14-2020, 09:05 AM.

My plugin doesn't cause any spikes like that. You must be doing something wrong with the way you are removing the instances.

Comment

Can you maybe post a screenshot of the Unreal Frontend Profiler tab running at the time you are cutting the trees?
      I mean full-screen of the profiler with details of which tasks are taking the most milliseconds.
      Perhaps that could give us a way of identifying the culprit.

Comment

Originally posted by XilenceX View Post
        Can you maybe post a screenshot of the Unreal Frontend Profiler tab running at the time you are cutting the trees?
        I mean full-screen of the profiler with details of which tasks are taking the most milliseconds.
        Perhaps that could give us a way of identifying the culprit.
        XilenceX
        I think you want this :

Name:	perf.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	389.6 KB
ID:	1762151

Idk , Android is disabled for this project... why is there an android task?

Here i did this again at another location:

Name:	perf2.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	316.9 KB
ID:	1762152

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X