Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving as a level without losing built data

Hi folks!
    Don't know if I missing something here but whenever I made a change in my level and decided to save it as another file such as level01,the build data is gone and I should build the whole lighting again. How can I keep the previous data without baking again?

Originally posted by silvermehran View Post
    Hi folks!
    Don't know if I missing something here but whenever I made a change in my level and decided to save it as another file such as level01,the build data is gone and I should build the whole lighting again. How can I keep the previous data without baking again?
    When you do a 'save as', you're creating a new level. Then you have to build light on that level.

Comment

Originally posted by ClockworkOcean View Post

When you do a 'save as', you're creating a new level. Then you have to build light on that level.
      Yes but little have changed in the scene.I don't want to do whole building again.I just want a version of the scene with some small changes not a whole new level

Comment

Yes but little have changed in the scene.I don't want to do whole building again.I just want a version of the scene with some small changes not a whole new level
        Even if you move one object, all the light has to be rebuild I'm afraid. That's how it works.

Comment

Even if you move one object, all the light has to be rebuild I'm afraid. That's how it works.
          What if I don't want to, or the object is dynamic.There should be an option!

Comment

What if I don't want to, or the object is dynamic.There should be an option!
            If the object is dynamic, it's no problem. It's only changes that give you the red 'lighting needs to be rebuilt ( x objects )' message.

Comment

If the object is dynamic, it's no problem. It's only changes that give you the red 'lighting needs to be rebuilt ( x objects )' message.
              my problem is not that red error message. Thing is when I save as the level, Light build data completely gone and shadows gets completely black as there is no gi.

Comment

my problem is not that red error message. Thing is when I save as the level, Light build data completely gone and shadows gets completely black as there is no gi.
                Not sure I'm afraid. Try logging the question on answerhub ( it's on the community menu ).

Comment

Working...
                X