Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filter Results of Variable Drop-down List

Hi everyone,

I have a blueprint actor with a public variable mesh.
    So when I go to the details tab, I have a dropdown list that allows me to set my variable mesh.

However, that dropdown list is listing every single static mesh that is defined in my project, which is a bit cumbersome.
    Is there a way to set it so that only the static meshes located in a specific folder show up?

For example, could it be possible to only have the static meshes located in "/Game/Meshes/Sculpture" to be listed?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dropdown.PNG
Views:	31
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1709209

Thanks!
    Antoine

Originally posted by AntoineCaz View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have a blueprint actor with a public variable mesh.
    So when I go to the details tab, I have a dropdown list that allows me to set my variable mesh.

However, that dropdown list is listing every single static mesh that is defined in my project, which is a bit cumbersome.
    Is there a way to set it so that only the static meshes located in a specific folder show up?

For example, could it be possible to only have the static meshes located in "/Game/Meshes/Sculpture" to be listed?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dropdown.PNG
Views:	31
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1709209

Thanks!
    Antoine
    I don't know if there's an official way to filter that list, but you could make a small number of blueprints that hold only meshes, and that list could be a list of your blueprint type...

Comment

Originally posted by ClockworkOcean View Post

I don't know if there's an official way to filter that list, but you could make a small number of blueprints that hold only meshes, and that list could be a list of your blueprint type...
      That would work well if I had a small amount of Sculpture to place, but I might end up with hundreds of them so it might be counterproductive to create so many blueprints.

Anyone would know if it's possible to filter that list by asset location?

Comment

Working...
      X