Attaching Player to Landscape - Collision/Navigation Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Related Question - I want to place an actor on the landscape (location is set through CSV / Data Table in BP, but I only have X and Y locations but not Z location). What I would need to do is - get the landscape height (Z) at that X & Y location, and place the actor so that it is lining-up accordingly.

Can you please suggest how this can be achieved?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks MostHostLA - yes it has default movement component. Adjusting the "Walkable Floor Angle" has worked.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There are several parameters within the character that determine a few things.

Assuming ofc. That whatever character you have makes use of the default Movement Component:

first, check the step height. Make sure the character is actually able to step over those objects.

second, there is an option for the incline on which you can walk on. You may need to adjust that as well.

Hope that helps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Below is the Default Pawn GIF which shows navigation is fine uphill / step-up.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1db...6lpr_rEjvQlNof

Below is the Custom Character GIF which shows that I'm getting stuck with the step.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=17k...AYcgOjNMaam-Ww

Appreciate any help..

Leave a comment:

• Attaching Player to Landscape - Collision/Navigation Issues

Imported a real-world landscape and replaced DefaultPawn Class with Custom Character in the GameMode (to add Custom Axis / Action Mapping Inputs). The issue I'm facing is - not able to navigate through the elevations in the landscape (even with jump).

The Customer Character is Colliding with the Landscape and not able to move further during the step-up navigation (during step-down navigation - it is fine)
    There is a problem with Default Pawn as well - The Default Pawn is working fine with Step-Up navigation - but when I move back, the camera stays at the same height (not stepping-down to the landscape level).

Is there a way to attach the Custom Character (which I'm using for the Default Pawn Class) to the Landscape - so that it will navigate fine with both up the hill & down the hill?
Working...
X