seamless panning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seamless panning

I want to create a material that pans seamlessly as of now the texture is cut when it pans across the model i have created a image that should be panned and i gave the panner as a input .i thought its the UV of the model and created different models for this but its not resolved, thanks in advance for the help

I am not sure what is your problem, but I am assuming that you cannot get the panning working. Did you add a speed value inside the Panner node, for example on Speed X?

Comment

i got the panning , but the problem is that it is not seamless . added 0.3 in x direction (speed x)

Comment

Assuming you do not have any UV scaling happening, you need to look up tutorial on how to make seamless textures.

The base concept is simple.
        When you add an offset filter in photoshop, if you see a seam you will also see the seam in game.
        You can clean the offset image in photoshop, and then offset the opposite of the amount you offset first to get it back to where it should be - this might matter if you only need to offset U or V instead of both.
        once done, if you export to tga and import in the engine, you won't see it tiling -unless you scaled the UV. Then you'll see it tile anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by senZzero View Post
          i got the panning , but the problem is that it is not seamless . added 0.3 in x direction (speed x)
          Please make a video screen capture to show what exactly the problem is. This way its going to be so much easier to help you.
          Last edited by NasteX; 12-18-2019, 09:52 AM.

Comment

I have attached a preview of the material and where it is seaming
            https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oEE...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

I see, this happens because normally the UV space is from 0 to 1 and to tile it like you want, you need to use only rounded numbers. Add a ceil node after the "objectscale" node (check screenshot bellow) and remove the ones with red color, they basically do nothing.

Good luck!

Click image for larger version

Name:	cylinder_tiling_01.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	1699749

Comment

Working...
              X