Alembic for Grooms Specification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alembic for Grooms Specification

I want to import abc hair with different groom_group_id How to set groom_group_id

It is mentioned here that you can add custom attributes yourself Can you tell me where these attributes are added On the curve? https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...nce/index.html

I would like to know too.
    Also i cant apply materials on the hair itself. Don't know what im missing :\ And applying niagra dynamic to hair seems off. I mean shading looks different.
    I attached screenshot. Right side is not applied and left side is niagra apllied.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	0 Size:	105.8 KB ID:	1700028

--------------------
    okay i figured it out. turns out. In material editor you had to check used with hair strands. and there's a node called hair atrributes in material editor. So then you can use your attributes.
    Last edited by Gandosh; 12-19-2019, 06:38 AM.
    Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Gandosh, were you able to figure out the groom_group_ids? Would you mind posting a bit about your process?

I've been trying to get the Hair Shader in Unreal to behave the same way that aiStandardHair does in Maya, but haven't had any luck with texture maps. In Arnold, plugging in color maps is very straight forward, and the hair picks up the color of the textured geo:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	ArnoldAIHair.JPG
Views:	562
Size:	428.6 KB
ID:	1701093
      I've been trying a similar process within Unreal, and I'm definitely missing something because RootUVs and BaseColor don't seem to be working:

Name:	UnrealRootUV.JPG
Views:	485
Size:	343.6 KB
ID:	1701094

Unfortunately, even though the docs cover other areas (like root and tip color), nothing is mentioned about this specific process. Any help would be much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
        I would like to know too.
        Also i cant apply materials on the hair itself. Don't know what im missing :\ And applying niagra dynamic to hair seems off. I mean shading looks different.
        I attached screenshot. Right side is not applied and left side is niagra apllied.
        Click image for larger version Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	0 Size:	105.8 KB ID:	1700028

--------------------
        okay i figured it out. turns out. In material editor you had to check used with hair strands. and there's a node called hair atrributes in material editor. So then you can use your attributes.
        the look same then left groom ,nigara visible turn off ,

Comment

Originally posted by RaptorGoblin View Post
          Gandosh, were you able to figure out the groom_group_ids? Would you mind posting a bit about your process?

I've been trying to get the Hair Shader in Unreal to behave the same way that aiStandardHair does in Maya, but haven't had any luck with texture maps. In Arnold, plugging in color maps is very straight forward, and the hair picks up the color of the textured geo:

Name:	ArnoldAIHair.JPG
Views:	562
Size:	428.6 KB
ID:	1701093
          I've been trying a similar process within Unreal, and I'm definitely missing something because RootUVs and BaseColor don't seem to be working:

Name:	UnrealRootUV.JPG
Views:	485
Size:	343.6 KB
ID:	1701094

Unfortunately, even though the docs cover other areas (like root and tip color), nothing is mentioned about this specific process. Any help would be much appreciated!
          they have a lot of bugs wait for fix .and more document guide will add.
          the groom plug is Beta version

Comment

Originally posted by 陆晓飞 View Post
            I want to import abc hair with different groom_group_id How to set groom_group_id

It is mentioned here that you can add custom attributes yourself Can you tell me where these attributes are added On the curve? https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...nce/index.html
            我也没搞明白 abc 为什么要带 自定义属性,这个插件如果像hair works 可以用贴图转成灰度图,控制粗细 密度 noise 等属性就好了,现在是beta 版本 短毛的角色和动物 可以勉勉强强使用了 ,人物和角色 不建议 使用。

Comment

Working...
            X