Noob Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noob Question

Hello , sorry for this noob question. I modelled A door frame and import fbx in unreal engine 4. it has enough heigh and lenght but I cant pass through door frame inside.Looks like invisible wall on door frame. How can I fix it?

By default collision cannot handle concave shapes. UE4 is going to treat holes and concave areas as filled when it comes to collisions. Try using UseComplexAsSimple or just removing collision all together if the door frame is small enough. You could also use 3 separate boxes for collision.

Comment

If you have a door way in addition to the door frame you are importing, then both could be stopping you from going through the door. I would test if you can walk through the doorway without the door frame in the way. This will help to narrow down which hole is not letting you pass-thru. Double-click the imported doorframe and from the editor that pops up go to the Collision section on the right hand side (scroll down). Under COLLISION COMPLEXITY, change it to UseComplexAsSimple instead of PROJECT DEFAULT. Not trying to repeat what ZacD said, but I was having trouble finding UseComplexAsSimple, just adding onto where to find it. Thanx for the info ZacD

Comment

Working...
      X