Has anyone figured out a clever way to use decals along with the Apex destruction meshes? I haven't started using this system yet, and I'm very new to Unreal. But if I understand the problem, it would be very noticeable. For example, if you have a large concrete wall, apply decals where bullets are striking, then a small section of that wall is destructed into chunks, all of the decals on the entire wall will instantly vanish. The only viable solution I can think of here would be to not use decals at all, which is not ideal. I suppose another solution would be to keep your destructibles pretty small and use multiple meshes for a larger wall. That would make the problem less noticeable when they pop out.

If Unreal had some type of non-projected decal system (triangle mesh decals), it may be possible to manually hide the decals where the wall is destroyed, but keep the others. Although I'm not sure how one would be able to detect which areas of the wall are missing at runtime inside of blueprints.

Does anyone know of a plugin or feature that would help here? Or possibly found some workaround?

Thanks for any help!