Blend space - clipping clothes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blend space - clipping clothes

Hello. I am making animations for my game. I am trying to do something like "modular clothing", but there is the problem. Animations works good (there is no clipping) when I play it in Blender, or when I play it without using Blend Space in Unreal Engine but when I am using it, the skin starts to clip through clothes. Both base mesh and clotches has correct weights and topology. My guess is that animations for each clotch is not synchronized or they are blend differently. But why, if that's the case. Is there any way to fix it? Thanks

Edit:

Ok there is a little progress. I was updateing Blend Space every tick based on player speed. But when I am setting blend value only for exemple when the player starts or stops to walk, then clipping does not occur. It is something, but I still dont know why I cannot update it every frame.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Actuss; 08-26-2019, 12:41 PM.

Ok there is a little progress. I was updateing Blend Space every tick based on player speed. But when I am setting blend value only for exemple when the player starts or stops to walk, then clipping does not occur. It is something, but I still dont know why I cannot update it every frame.

Edit: Ok I think I found the solution. It is buggy when you are updateing it every tick, but when I set timer to to it only every 0.05 seconds, it works. Maybe tick works too unevenly, I dont know. So if anyone will have the same problem - timer is the solution. Tho it would be good to know why it did not work with event tick
    Last edited by Actuss; 08-27-2019, 06:11 AM. Reason: I found solution, kind of...

Comment

Normally you shouldn't need any timer for your blendspace. I've got an Anim Blueprint with an Anim Graph where every transition is set up and the Blendspaces are assigned.
      Inside of the Blendspaces I've set up the different animation assets called "blend samples" according to different speeds (idle: 0,walk: 150 ,run: 450) and it works even with modular clothing.

Maybe you haven't set up your modular clothing system correctly. At first you need a main mesh slot for the naked char (in your character blueprint), then some slots for every type of clothing you want like hairslot for hairstyles, acessoiresslot for glasses, shoeslot for shoes, outfit slot for dresses etc.. Then you can fill the slots with your clothing items in the editor or you do it in runtime by blueprint. It should look like this, if you fill it in runtime (in editor mode the char is naked):

Click image for larger version

Name:	modular_clothing.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	375.5 KB
ID:	1661467

Last edited by Bronislaw666; 09-06-2019, 04:48 AM.

Comment

The method with the timer did not work as well, I noticed. I did not know about "Set master pose component". Now I did it using this node, and it works perfect in all cases. Thank you! I can't believe the solution was that simple.

Comment

Working...
        X