Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to set or retain pivot point on merged meshes and blueprints?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to set or retain pivot point on merged meshes and blueprints?

I am combining several static meshes inside a blueprint and when I'm done adjusting them, changing some parts or materials etc, I want to merge it all into a single static mesh while retaining the pivot point of my blueprint or the first mesh that is inside of that blueprint. I thought that merge function worked well until later on I noticed that it picks random mesh inside the blueprint and uses its pivot point for a new merged mesh. I thought that maybe it can be resolved with naming(sorting by ABC or 123), but there is no logic- merging just picks a random one.
    Is there a way to set the final pivot point or maybe change it later on, without having to export new static mesh and adjust it in external software?

DanMatthew On merged meshes, easy, just get pivot tool

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...lug/pivot-tool

Really, it's worth it, don't fiddle around with that CTRL-ALT-middle mouse button stuff.

For BPs, more difficult. If it's merged meshes in a BP, no problem. Again merge the meshes, fix the pivot and replace the mesh in the BP.

If you have multiple meshes in a BP and you want to move the pivot, no idea - tell me if you find out

Comment

One way to get around this would be to attach the mesh to a scene component inside the blueprint, and use it as a pivot.

Comment

Thanks for replies, but I think I found a solution that works for me without external plugins and keeps the pivot point at exact pin point location.
        Solution:
        When you want to merge your meshes or actors, move your main BP, that contains all the other ones, to 0.0.0 location by just going to Transform->Location->change all to 0. Then in merge window just check the box "Pivot point at zero".

Comment

Working...
        X