Skybox images/Cubemaps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skybox images/Cubemaps?

Can someone recommend where to get some backgrounds (cubemaps I assume) for skyboxes terrain would be awesome
    Last edited by Delta1; 08-16-2018, 05:38 AM.

Pillage the content samples in the launcher's learn tab.
    UE4 Tutorials for 3rd person Blueprint project from scratch: Youtube Channel
    Use Blender 2.8 to make UE4 compatible animations: Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Waves View Post
      Pillage the content samples in the launcher's learn tab.
      im having difficulty finding something with mountains on, I think the vehicle demo might be a candidate but for some reason it won’t load on my computer

Comment

Cubemaps are for lighting not to display terrain (unless maybe planets in a space scene). But typically you'd have a cubemap with the sky then put mountains or whatever on billboards off in the distance to completely cover the horizon.
        UE4 Tutorials for 3rd person Blueprint project from scratch: Youtube Channel
        Use Blender 2.8 to make UE4 compatible animations: Blog

Comment

Cubemaps are for lighting not to display terrain (unless maybe planets in a space scene). But typically you'd have a cubemap with the sky then put mountains or whatever on billboards off in the distance to completely cover the horizon.
          Thanks for that

Comment

Just google it, there are a lot of free skybox textures.

Well its really depend on the project, some times u even bake the terrain to save up on tri...

Comment

Working...
            X