Blender to UE4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blender to UE4

I have used Blender for a bit now, but I am completely new to UE4. Being new to UE4, I wanted to test out somethings, and the first thing I wanted to test was importing models. To test this, I just simple created two different objects in Blender, and exported it as a Fbx file. The problem I noticed is when I imported it into UE4. I did so, but it imported the model as the two separate objects that the model was created out of. I have watched a couple tutorials, but they are pretty confusing, and I've still been stuck with the same problem. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

Hello gingerstamp, When importing in unreal engine you can select the "combine meshes" option as in my screenshot.
    Should fix your problem !
    Attached Files

Comment

Also keeps it as one mesh if you join them

select the two objects in blender (control+right click) the second
      Then cntrl+J

Problem is now in blender they both move as one object. So more often than not (since you will want come back and make changes and such) the above method would be prefered

Comment

I have seen many tutorials, but none have covered that option. At this point, you can be deemed a lifesaver. Thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
        X