Viewing A Scene/Cutscene From Multiple Perspectives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewing A Scene/Cutscene From Multiple Perspectives

For the mechanic I was "idea-ing", the player must use an (in-game) tablet device to view areas and events that happened in them in the past. It's something akin to crime scene reconstruction, though the player is able to view the scene as it was actually happening.Now, once the scene has been viewed and/or "saved" for the player to access from the tablet in-game, they would need to be able to view the scene from multiple perspectives for the sake of solving the puzzles presented. The primary problem is that I'm not too sure on how to go about this...

I considered just saving the scenes as videos that the player can access on their own (from the tablet) once they have their initial viewing of the scene, but that would disallow them from being able to view them from different perspectives, which is something essential to solving many of the puzzles in the game (unless there's a way to view cutscenes in "3d" and I just don't know how). So I guess I'm kinda stumped on how to proceed.

Is there any method one could suggest for going about something like this? Any type of insight, guidance, or help would be appreciated.
Working...
X