Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issues applying transformations in Blender to UE4 HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues applying transformations in Blender to UE4 HELP!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ShowcaseBlender1.png
Views:	16
Size:	507.1 KB
ID:	1463607
    Hi there! I have this one mesh divided into separate objects. It's a movie theater based on one that I work
    at and I wanted to create a cool scene (possibly game) with it. I'm a bored teenager what can I say?

Anyway, I made the layout of the building in a program called SweetHome 3D and then exported to OBJ.
    I imported into Blender and spent weeks editing, adding stuff and cutting a lot of faces and triangles that were
    unneeded that would possibly shrink lightmaps. Honestly I didn't think this would work
    but I unwrapped UVs and added some materials and imported in UE4 without combining the mesh and
    BINGO it worked. My lighting built! It looked pretty good but I noticed a lot of stuff was misplaced and stretched.
    For example you can see the polls in Blender are moved and scaled much larger in UE4.
    I noticed it happened in Blender too only after I apply my transforms.. So then I tried without applying
    anything and it caused the same mess in UE4 but NOT in blender? I even created a whole new project
    in UE4 to reimport the mesh and test it. Still no luck.
    I tried to apply all types of transform (scale, rotate, loc), tried setting origins to 0
    and tried many different things but nothing works..

Please help!
Working...
X