Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get controller to work with Android?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get controller to work with Android?

I'm trying to develop an android game with movement controller by the left joystick on a Steelseries Stratus XL. It works fine in engine with a 360 controller, but as soon as I package to my phone, it stops working, and I cannot control my character's position. Here are screenshots of how it's set up.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

Bumping...I still really could use some help, as I'm interested in developing for Android with a controller.

Comment

Perhaps Steelseries Stratus XL has different axes or indices for analog sticks.. This isn't unusual to have discrepancies between sticks/buttons/axes on mobile gamepads.

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
        Perhaps Steelseries Stratus XL has different axes or indices for analog sticks.. This isn't unusual to have discrepancies between sticks/buttons/axes on mobile gamepads.
        Is there something I can do to compensate for this? I tried moving the Left Stick, Right Stick, and D-Pad, and none of them worked for movement...I do have two giant circles that show up on my screen in UE4 when I go into play mode that lets me move around though, if I'm using a mouse.

Comment

Working...
        X