No announcement yet.

How do I display a sector of a circle?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I display a sector of a circle?

Hi, I'm looking for a way to show an area of effect indicator for skills. The three values I have to display the sector are location (origin of the circle), rotation (facing of indicator), and arc (angle of indicator).

I am using Blueprints.

For context, a sector is like a cone but the outer boundary is circular in nature, as opposed to being a straight line.

Reference:

I don't need to detect enemies in the sector because I will probably end up using circle detection and then checking the angle between cast origin and target.

I have considered using a sector material, but I'm not sure how I would change the arc.

I have successfully implemented skill range indicators and full circle area of effect indicators, just having trouble with sectors.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated. If this is already a function of Unreal Engine, I apologize, as I'm new and can't find any information about it anywhere. I thought it would be a common topic.

I technically do not need to use a decal, as long as the desired outcome is achieved.

Thanks in advance.

If the radius doesn't change, i'd just use a mesh or plane (in a pie shape) and apply a material like that. You can use a gradient mat to get the faded transparency like that. Assuming it faces the player point of view, you can just use forward vector to point it forward.

Comment

Working...
    X