No announcement yet.

Wolrd Machine to UE4 using World Composition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the latest version of UE4, and I'm not sure if this was for earlier versions as well, there is an option to Flip Y when you import the tiles. Uncheck that, or don't check it in World Machine, and UE4 will flip the Y for you.

Comment

Thank you for this! I had developed my own workflow for imported tiled terrains from WM but this is quite an improvement.

Comment

Thanx for the wiki and the tutorials, muchly appreciated, gg
        Last edited by macoll; 02-03-2016, 06:54 AM.
        Linkedin | ArtStation | -SCIFI 'PROPS' PACK- | -SCIFI 'POPULATE' PACK- | Shooter Game Tutorial | StarDrop

Comment

Hi,

thank you very much for this tutorial.

But I have another question.
          How long takes to build this tiles?
          For me it would take like a day or something?! Is there a way to boost this?

My CPU is Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1231 v3 .

When I use Erosion building tiles takes too long. Or is this normal?!

Ok, I found the problem. I do not know why but Win10 was restricting my CPU to 2 cores. I have change the starting config of my WINDOWS under msconfig and know CPU is using all cores.
          Last edited by lumbabumba; 02-11-2016, 12:21 PM. Reason: Problem solved

Comment

Overlapping error

I have followed your instructions perfectly and I always get Landscapeproxy_8 has overlapping render components at location xxx,xxx errors and all of the tiles on stacked on stop of each other.

I am using the ARK dev Kit UE4 version 4.5.1 as seen in the pic attached. Since I am creating a map/mod for Ark Survival Evolved I and restricted to this version of UE4. I am using World Machine version 2.3.6.3 Pro.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by NHO3; 03-31-2016, 04:39 PM. Reason: added details

Comment

Same as NHO3 ^^ Help would be great!

Comment

I had earlier faced problems with world machine don't remember why but then I used blender landscape tool to overcome the problem. I am not saying not to use ie . I am just sharing my experience

Comment

blender for terrain has hardly any of the features of wm, though free, and also no tiled output, just a tiny FYI in case others were wondering,,

ty
                  Solo but Seismic - feel free to apply
                  https://neighborlee1.wixsite.com/theheartseed

Comment

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/World_...ld_Composition < there, not sure why ( scale diffs I guess) but that's it.

later

Comment

Originally posted by neighborlee View Post
                      blender for terrain has hardly any of the features of wm, though free, and also no tiled output, just a tiny FYI in case others were wondering,,

ty
                      Sorry for an in appropriate answer . What I do is I visit NASA's website to their topographical landscape sheet map then I download height maps . then import to blender . As raw files .

Comment

Originally posted by neighborlee View Post

ty
                        To be true a so-so method but yes effective for me . Nothing else .I am sorry if it was misleading at all.

Comment

Don't worry, it was no big deal at all, carry on as if nothing was done

Good luck to you and all your ue4 aspirations!

Believe me, if I could make tiled terrains and output them through blender i'd be in heaven,

Maybe someday, doubt it, but it would be nice.

WM is undesirable.

Comment

Can you please tell me how to add a static mesh on map with streaming options and make sure that mesh stays on same location when user spawn to map? Coz always when i spawn user all static meshes siple move out of the map, i guess rebasing is the cause but not sure.. ahh btw with dedicated server on..

Comment

Working...
                            X