Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hi all!!

First of all thanks Lyons Den for this awesome tutorial, very useful!!
    I'm new in landscape creation and i'm encountering some problems: the landscape import in UE4 using your settings in WM worked like a charm, but I'm experiencing a bad texture repetition in with the material settings "as is" in UE4

Click image for larger version

Name:	terrain1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	1076115

another thing: the rock texture is not shown, probably i've set the wrong weight in WM?
    this is my settings:

Another thing: I'm thinking about the possibility to scale down the map size because of the long time to export all the stuff from WM (48 minutes in my case)!! because i'm trying this stuff for the first time and I need to do more attempts! but i dont know what parameters I can use expecially for the tiles exported/altitude/map dimension to have all in scale and with the correct values !

EDIT : founded a problem building lights (preview quality) Lightmass importance:added

Click image for larger version

Name:	ue4 error.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	1076120
    Last edited by Trippenfaust87; 05-12-2015, 12:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Chewiez View Post
    Sorry to be a noob, but I dont understand what weightmaps are, and how do people get the slopes and angles in there?
    I want to create my own terrain, and I can always import it but only as grey. I can't texture it.

Is anyone able to help?

Thank you
    I hate to say this but I would look at the World Machine Documentation. It's pretty poorly organized but that's part of the game. A weightmap just tells the engine how much "weight" a certain texture should have on your terrain like grass or rock. It works essentially the same as a roughness map or any other type of input. They are usually generated inside of WorldMachine and exported using the Bitmap Output node. You can also get a number of macros from the WM website that automate the process. You can select slopes and heights using selection nodes inside WM. Sorry if this doesn't help much. I would definitely recommend looking through the WM documentation or opening some of their examples.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry to be a noob, but I dont understand what weightmaps are, and how do people get the slopes and angles in there?
    I want to create my own terrain, and I can always import it but only as grey. I can't texture it.

Is anyone able to help?

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There are news about the flipping problem? I can't resolve it.

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As promised, attached the .dev file to the post as a zip file.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kjasi View Post
    Here's my macro that will create weight-blended masks right out of World Machine.
    Thank you so much. That's really cool. I'll check it out right now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here's my macro that will create weight-blended masks right out of World Machine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow, this is great stuff. I'm gonna try this tonight.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok. thank you very much

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mad View Post
    yep thank you
    Alright, once I finish work for the day, I'll organize the outputs a bit better and then put it up on.. github or google drive? somewhere. The WM people haven't processed my account request so I can't upload it there yet.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yep thank you

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I made a simple UE4 export macro with all of the nodes if anyone wants it. Not at all a huge macro breakthrough or anyhting, but it does save about 5 minutes worth of work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In these days I have the same problem

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As a workaround would flipping them on X in photoshop before you import them in UE4 solve it? That is until it is fixed

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So basically this is completely broken and no one has noticed?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X