Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4.4 2D PHYSICS CONSTRAINTS possible in 4.3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4.4 2D PHYSICS CONSTRAINTS possible in 4.3?

UE Community,

I know in the new update, it will be very easy to constrain my 3d object. Is there an effective way to do this in 4.3? Right now I have my pawn ragdoll and I want to lock him on the X axis, but I have not been able to do so. I set the plain constraint origin to the value i want, but as soon as i ragdoll he moves off that value.

Thanks

I don't think so, it wasn't added until 4.4 I believe? Might be wrong on that.

You could have your Blueprint/C++ class force the position of the ragdoll every frame.

Comment

You could add a constraint component to your pawn ragdoll. To do this select the ragdoll as the first component being constrained and enter the bone name of the root body in the ragdoll. Then make sure the constraint locks linear movement along the x-axis, but is free along y and z. You'll want to set the angular limits to be locked except for rotation along the x-axis. I don't have the code in front of me right now (and this has slightly changed for 4.4 so I forget) so you'll have to test if it's twist swing1 or swing2.

Let me know if you're having issues I can give more details. 4.4 actually does this under the hood so the effect should be the same.

Comment

Working...
      X