"ProBuilder" for Unreal 4 Marketplace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShipworthyGames View Post
    Just curious if there is any new status on this?
    I'd love to know the same thing.

Comment

Would be a fantastic tool to speed up level design for my team. Nothing beats iterating in engine on level geometry!
      Any news on the UE4 version? Has development already begun or is it not starting until 2.3 is out in the wild?

Comment

I loved prototype for unity. It's pretty much the peanutbutter to the unity toast. If you bring it to unreal, I'm in!
        Last edited by kylawl; 11-30-2014, 06:11 PM. Reason: toast
        @kylerocha
        Luminawesome Games
        http://luminawesome.com/

Comment

Has the development of this for Unreal begun yet?

Comment

Originally posted by TheJamsh View Post
            Doesn't it seem fairly pointless to build a tool to create more complex constructions out of a highly unoptimized feature? There's a lot of very specific reasons that we try to use BSP as little as possible.

This honestly seems to me to be an excuse to get a basic modelling tool into the engine, to prevent noobies having to use 3D Packages to make their games. There are FREE 3D Packages out there already.
            Yeah, well, not everyone is a 3D super scientist like you, I would rather spend my time learning the Unreal Engine not the Autodesk Engine, forgive me if i'm missing something here... but isn't the whole purpose of Unreal Engine to cater to noobies learning how to become better and make games?

Coming from old editors like Worldcraft / Hammer / JKRadient a tool like this would be a god send? i'm pretty sure Valves games are mainly layed out and textured with bsp? with models and props chucked in / not replacing the walls. Not everyones game needs to look like a spaceship, last time I looked my room is basic wall shapes with furniture (mesh / 3d / props / whatever).

Keep up the good work, I would pay for something like this and a lot of people would welcome this tool and do the same.

Until then I am stuck learning Maya, still figuring out how to something as simple as align the two grids and texture a basic wall / import them between two different products :/ with 0 guides on how to do this properly.

Comment

I voted only if this feature is added

I don't know about you guys but for me at least it would be much better to edit the mesh in a separate editor window in addition to the ability to edit it in the level editor
              that would be very helpful when dealing with things that is not part of the level (a bullet for example) and things that are complex enough that it needs to be edited alone

Comment

I've emailed them about it and here is the response

Click image for larger version

Name:	pbu.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	1082086
                Last edited by KoldKam; 07-20-2015, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KoldKam View Post
                  I've emailed them about it and here is the response
                  Awesome. Thanks for the update!

Comment

Ha ! I totally missed that thread when it was opened.
                    I was lurking on the plugin since it was announced for Unity. I would definitely buy a UE4 plugin.
                    - [Marketplace] Sci-fi and Glitch Post-process
                    - [Tutorial] Anamorphic Bloom
                    - [Tutorial] True First Person Camera
                    - [Tutorial] Realtime Distance Field textures
                    - [Tutorial] Seamless Portals

Twitter - Portfolio

Comment

Hi yahodahan - This is great to hear! It's something I considered doing myself, especially after seeing your videos for Unity. Now I suppose I don't have to any more Good luck!
                      Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-Source)

Comment

Hi yahodahan, just want to say that I was blown away when I saw videos of what probuilder can do. I really enjoy building levels and this seems to be exactly what I was looking for to speed up the workflow (and make it more enjoyable). I mainly use BSP brushes atm and convert them to meshes because although modelling in maya is easier, I can't stand the whole UV editing process. From what I can see probuilder has extremely easy and intuitive UV tools and enough modelling power to meet most of my needs for basic and fast level design.

It looks amazing, really looking forward to seeing it in the unreal marketplace.

Comment

I just found & read this thread. I have been attempting to learn Unity & Unreal without deciding on which to stick with... Ironically I decided on Unity BECAUSE of Probuilder!!! I am using the free version, but am sold enough that I'll practice with it until it comes to Unreal, then I'll race everyone for that first licence :-)

Good luck, I hope you guys smash it !!

Richard.

Comment

Hi yahodahan, just wondered if there were any updates on bringing probuilder over to UE4? The bsp brushes are driving me crazy (nearly everything else in UE4 is amazing but bsp brushes are like a dinosaur).

Btw, in terms of a timeline is this something that is possibly a couple of months down the track, or are we talking a year or more?

Comment

Hi yahodahan, awesome work with probuilder.

Any updates on the UE4 version?
                              Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

just moved to ue4 from cryengine and realized I couldn't even insert segments in a brush, so.... yeah, definitely will buy probuilder when available! have you put a schedule or timeframe on a release yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X