Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by calpolican View Post
    I´ve been using ProBuilder in Unity and is really good, I hope they bring it to UE

Things that ProBuilder has:
    -You can export as FBX.
    -You can extrude, move and delete faces and edges.
    -You can select edges and choose the level of smoothness (it has like 10 different degrees)
    -You have a menu that allows you to cusomize the mesh deciding number of faces, numbers of steps of the stair, number of edges in the cylinder circumference, etc.
    -You can insert edge loops (but sometimes it can be buggy, so usually you don´t use it a lot in the same object).

Things ProBuilder -or any competitor- should have (to be a MUST HAVE):
    -It should allow you to move the vertex, not just the edges.
    -It should allow you to export in quads. Most important feature ever!
    -Insert edge loop should work well and fast, without messing the uvs.
    Thanks! About those:

Edge Loops: have you tried the latest version? Shouldn't be buggy at all Or if you do find any bugs, we'd love if you could post 'em to the official support forum at "www.procore3d.com/forum", thanks!
    Selecting Vertices: Actually, yes, you can select by Vertex (and Edge, and Face), in ProBuilder!
    Export in Quads: Hmm, tricky, since game engines only really see tris. This might be more of an import-settings thing, anyway.
    Insert Edge Loop without messing UVs: Yep, agreed- we are working to get this perfect, but it's a very tricky bit. Can't guess what the user wants 100% of the time

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Xenovore View Post
    Except -- having attempted to use it in Unity -- Probuilder is nowhere near the ease-of-use/intuitiveness of Hammer. So if you love Hammer, don't think for one second that's what you'd be getting with Probuilder.
    Hi! Would you mind letting me know what parts you found lacking? Hammer was my #1 source of inspiration for the original ProBuilder versions, and continues to be in many ways. Ease of use and intuitive control are absolutely #1 priority, and most people seem to agree we hit that one on the mark- but always open to suggestions! Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CURTROCK View Post
    Just curious....What features does ProBuilder have, that would make it useful to someone who already has SuperGrid?
    SuperGrid is neat! But, it is limited, unless I miss something, to specific shapes. "ProBuilder", or whatever we end up calling the Unreal version, (!!!), is a full 3D Modeling tool, right inside the editor. So you can create absolutely anything, with complete 3D freedom and control, including UV editing/unwrapping, without ever leaving Unreal. Hooray!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by kurylo3d View Post
    Question, will you be able to construct single sided polygon meshes with this? I do a lot of modular development and i always end up having to create specific non modular assets to fix the gaps in buildings for instance... I may have lots of modular peices, but some times i just dont have one that fits well in with what im doing. Will probuilder allow for a single sided mesh and not closed off geometry like boxes?

Also would be cool if u could create meshes out of original static meshes by doing some sort of subtraction command.. in case u have a modular peice that goes into the interior of a building but u only want it on the exterior hugging the exterior... usually id have to create a new static mesh from my 3d package that is cut off... would be useful to create one in unreal by doing some sort of subtraction command on it.. and cut out geometry i dont want.
    If I understand you correctly- sure, one sided meshes would be simple, sure. In fact, that's the default style. Reading further: yes, exactly what you need, ProBuilder could do, of course. It's really just a 3D modeling tool, with all that entails, right in the editor

As for subtraction/etc, I think you are referring to "Boolean", which would be supported, yes!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ZraXesZ View Post
    I voted only if this feature is added

I don't know about you guys but for me at least it would be much better to edit the mesh in a separate editor window in addition to the ability to edit it in the level editor
    that would be very helpful when dealing with things that is not part of the level (a bullet for example) and things that are complex enough that it needs to be edited alone
    Sure, that would be very helpful. Sort of an "Isolate" (from 3DS Max) function? I'd very much like to have this, also. Can't promise it would make it into the first version, but agreed it would be a good feature

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I´ve been using ProBuilder in Unity and is really good, I hope they bring it to UE

Things that ProBuilder has:
    -You can export as FBX.
    -You can extrude, move and delete faces and edges.
    -You can select edges and choose the level of smoothness (it has like 10 different degrees)
    -You have a menu that allows you to cusomize the mesh deciding number of faces, numbers of steps of the stair, number of edges in the cylinder circumference, etc.
    -You can insert edge loops (but sometimes it can be buggy, so usually you don´t use it a lot in the same object).

Things ProBuilder -or any competitor- should have (to be a MUST HAVE):
    -It should allow you to move the vertex, not just the edges.
    -It should allow you to export in quads. Most important feature ever!
    -Insert edge loop should work well and fast, without messing the uvs.
    Last edited by calpolican; 08-11-2015, 06:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    One question that I am craving to know the answer to is, just how much will this plugin cost and when I get it how do I set it up?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Probuilder does not equal Hammer

Originally posted by benjamin.smith View Post
    @TheJamsh I would like to direct your attention to this video

Credit goes to JoeWintergreen for this great video
    Except -- having attempted to use it in Unity -- Probuilder is nowhere near the ease-of-use/intuitiveness of Hammer. So if you love Hammer, don't think for one second that's what you'd be getting with Probuilder.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just curious....What features does ProBuilder have, that would make it useful to someone who already has SuperGrid?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TheJamsh View Post
    Doesn't it seem fairly pointless to build a tool to create more complex constructions out of a highly unoptimized feature? There's a lot of very specific reasons that we try to use BSP as little as possible.

This honestly seems to me to be an excuse to get a basic modelling tool into the engine, to prevent noobies having to use 3D Packages to make their games. There are FREE 3D Packages out there already.
    Originally posted by Soulrolll View Post
    Yeah, well, not everyone is a 3D super scientist like you, I would rather spend my time learning the Unreal Engine not the Autodesk Engine, forgive me if i'm missing something here... but isn't the whole purpose of Unreal Engine to cater to noobies learning how to become better and make games?

Coming from old editors like Worldcraft / Hammer / JKRadient a tool like this would be a god send? i'm pretty sure Valves games are mainly layed out and textured with bsp? with models and props chucked in / not replacing the walls. Not everyones game needs to look like a spaceship, last time I looked my room is basic wall shapes with furniture (mesh / 3d / props / whatever).

Keep up the good work, I would pay for something like this and a lot of people would welcome this tool and do the same.

Until then I am stuck learning Maya, still figuring out how to something as simple as align the two grids and texture a basic wall / import them between two different products :/ with 0 guides on how to do this properly.
    @TheJamsh I would like to direct your attention to this video

Credit goes to JoeWintergreen for this great video

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Question, will you be able to construct single sided polygon meshes with this? I do a lot of modular development and i always end up having to create specific non modular assets to fix the gaps in buildings for instance... I may have lots of modular peices, but some times i just dont have one that fits well in with what im doing. Will probuilder allow for a single sided mesh and not closed off geometry like boxes?

Also would be cool if u could create meshes out of original static meshes by doing some sort of subtraction command.. in case u have a modular peice that goes into the interior of a building but u only want it on the exterior hugging the exterior... usually id have to create a new static mesh from my 3d package that is cut off... would be useful to create one in unreal by doing some sort of subtraction command on it.. and cut out geometry i dont want.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Any news on this?

Really looking forward to it!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm REALLY looking forward to finally use this as a basis for my level design workflow. I've been wandering around threads about BSP vs Static Meshes workflow and it clearly bothers me to witness the incomprehension of a large number of UE4 devs on why would anybody use BSP to create levels. I've been using probuilder in Unity and I just loved it. It's simply the easiest/fastest way to prototype your levels when actual level DESIGN matters.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Any news with this? Been waiting a long time for such a great plugin, it was awesome in the other 3d apps it was in!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I Used ProBuilder back in my Unity days. It was a great plugin. I would definitely use it in UE4.
    Do i get a "migration" discount? hahah....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X