"ProBuilder" for Unreal 4 Marketplace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
    Post it in the recruiting section and you will get more responses.

Just saying - https://forums.unrealengine.com/foru...ing-for-Talent
    Good point- will do, thanks!

Originally posted by Tkfore21 View Post
    Is it done yet?
    j/k, but really looking forward to it when it finally does make it's way in.
    Heh, we are still planning- but beginning the real work soon I hope!

Originally posted by TheJamsh View Post
    Doesn't it seem fairly pointless to build a tool to create more complex constructions out of a highly unoptimized feature? There's a lot of very specific reasons that we try to use BSP as little as possible.

This honestly seems to me to be an excuse to get a basic modelling tool into the engine, to prevent noobies having to use 3D Packages to make their games. There are FREE 3D Packages out there already.
    Actually, this is not BSP at all, it creates regular 3D meshes, and so has zero difference in performance from an imported mesh. The isn't to replace external modeling programs (still need those, of course), but to provide a quick and simple in-editor modeling solution for prototyping or simple geometry. Makes a world of a difference for how quickly a game can be developed
    ProBuilder - Complete In-Engine 3D Modeling, Editing, and UV Unwrapping, + More! Coming soon to UE4! procore3d.com/probuilder

Comment

Pro Builder is on the top of my wish list for editor extensions!

Comment

Originally posted by HavocX View Post
        Pro Builder is on the top of my wish list for editor extensions!
        That's great to hear, thanks HavocX!
        ProBuilder - Complete In-Engine 3D Modeling, Editing, and UV Unwrapping, + More! Coming soon to UE4! procore3d.com/probuilder

Comment

For what it's worth: I bought Probuilder for Unity, but sadly, I never really had the chance to use it. I moved over to UE4, mainly because Unity Free doesn't support the Oculus Rift. (Hoping someday.)
          I really liked what you had going though, and would totally buy it again for UE4. ( Though, I would absolutely appreciate a loyality discount for us Unity owners. )
          Last edited by Rirath; 08-11-2014, 09:56 PM.

Comment

A loyalty discount could certainly be an option, if the Unreal Marketplace supports it!

Also, if you liked what we had before, just wait till you see the latest! We should be able to push features and stability even further with Unreal, as well, since they've been kind (awesome) enough to offer support and help with the dev process. Exciting times, can't wait to bring this over to my old home-grounds!

Comment

Exciting! Sounds like it's underway then? Epic seems like a bunch of really cool, really open guys. Can't really ask for more from them. Can't wait til the marketplace is up so you guys who are able can benefit financially, and I can gain some great tools again.

Man, reading over the thread - I think I may have to try that crazy Unity -> Unreal workflow that was suggested in the meantime. It just might work, and hey, might as well get my money's worth.

Comment

Any updates so far?
                I'd like to see it as well..

Comment

Could be neat, I liked using it inside of unity.

Comment

I have Prototype for Unity, ProBuilder's little brother, and from what little I've used so far I think it's awesome. Now, I'm moving most of my development to UE4 and this would definitely be welcome and I would purchase at some point.

Comment

I picked up PB around the launch of PB2 and have never regretted it. Absolutely top notch tool. This would be a fantastic addition to UE, especially if like the Unity version it can be used at run time as a basis for end user level editors.
                      Last edited by Vormulac; 05-13-2015, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghoxt View Post
                        Oh wow, I'm one of your Unity customers and I was just on the Probuilder website yesterday looking to see if your team was tempted by UE4 especially since I made the transition...
                        Yep, another ProBuilder user, and it would be nice to have PB available in UE4!

-Will

Comment

Hey folks!! Don't worry, we are DEFINITELY doing this. Just a matter of finishing the v2.3 update, and then (in one form or another) ProBuilder tech will be coming to Unreal ASAP! Thanks for all the support!

Comment

Originally posted by yahodahan View Post
                            Hey folks!! Don't worry, we are DEFINITELY doing this. Just a matter of finishing the v2.3 update, and then (in one form or another) ProBuilder tech will be coming to Unreal ASAP! Thanks for all the support!
                            Awesome news. As a new UE4 user, this is great to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by yahodahan View Post
                              That is great to hear! I just got the get go of a new project that would greatly benefit from having ProBuilder.

Comment

Just curious if there is any new status on this?

Comment

Working...
                                X