Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"ProBuilder" for Unreal 4 Marketplace

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    @yahodahan,

    Here's a video of the push/pull tool in action http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOrfZM6nY-U - It's like extrude on steroids you saves you time by not having to collapse/merge vertices(at the 2.29 minute mark) I'd pay for a Match Photo as a separate plugin though I think it would complement ProBuilder as a whole to have it integrated. SketchUp has many great ideas don't be afraid to borrow some. I look forward to seeing ProBuilder 2.3!

    There's also plenty of videos of Match Photo feature on youtube. Thee best way to understand how push/pull is used is to download the free(SketchUp Make)/trial version SketchUp: http://www.sketchup.com/download?sketchup=pro

    Lastly, I would gladly support a ProBuilder UE4 Kickstarter campaign , I could probably do 50-100 bucks as long as it gets me the final product on release and maybe early access to beta builds.
    Last edited by SonKim; 07-23-2014, 07:52 PM.
    TOUR of DUTY

    Comment


      #32
      Absolutely would back a kickstarter to make this happen! Probuilder was an absolute godsend in Unity . There's a definite large gap in the market for this kind of tool and it would fit with Unreal Engine 4's functionality extremely well.

      Comment


        #33
        Definitely interested, also to kickstart the thing !

        please go on
        C++ BP Developer. working on Airland Helicopters, an helicopter rescue sim developed in Unreal https://www.helisimmer.com/airland

        Comment


          #34
          First, about the potential crowdfunding: we would definitely have "tiers" of funding, and a certain level (probably around the cost of PB, $100) would essentially "purchase" PB for UE4. That would include access to Beta builds, etc, of course. Much like the (now fairly common) Kickstarter's for games like Wasteland. This way your donation is really a "pre-purchase", so it benefits you directly, and allows us to jump-start the UE4 project, a win-win for everyone.

          Originally posted by Regularry View Post
          Just so you know, he's not the only one. I have considered doing the exact same thing; essentially just using Unity as a host for ProCore and other level building extensions, then seeing if I could get the finished levels transferred over to UE4 somehow. I thought I was the only one crazy enough to consider such a thing.
          More fuel to the fire, thanks!

          Originally posted by DotCam View Post
          You could even give a free copy of the finished product, for those who pledge a certain $ amount. I would be more than happy to help fund you to make this happen, with a few separate tiers like on Kickstarter for example, giving various amounts of swag and stuff, or discounts on the release.

          I think that would be a super cool way to go about it!
          Exactly, that would be the best way, I think. 3D printed memorabilia for the lower-level backers, perhaps?

          Originally posted by hoodoo View Post
          Yeah, I would like to somehow use PB with UE4 as it stands today but it is too hard of a workflow, so it's a no go! We need it to run inside UE4!

          I will participate in crowd funding if that is something that will get it going and as DotCam says with the promise of the end product if we each contribute a set amount.
          Great, thanks!

          Originally posted by SonKim View Post
          @yahodahan,

          Here's a video of the push/pull tool in action http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOrfZM6nY-U - It's like extrude on steroids you saves you time by not having to collapse/merge vertices(at the 2.29 minute mark) I'd pay for a Match Photo as a separate plugin though I think it would complement ProBuilder as a whole to have it integrated. SketchUp has many great ideas don't be afraid to borrow some. I look forward to seeing ProBuilder 2.3!

          There's also plenty of videos of Match Photo feature on youtube. Thee best way to understand how push/pull is used is to download the free(SketchUp Make)/trial version SketchUp: http://www.sketchup.com/download?sketchup=pro

          Lastly, I would gladly support a ProBuilder UE4 Kickstarter campaign , I could probably do 50-100 bucks as long as it gets me the final product on release and maybe early access to beta builds.
          Originally posted by ShipworthyGames View Post
          Absolutely would back a kickstarter to make this happen! Probuilder was an absolute godsend in Unity . There's a definite large gap in the market for this kind of tool and it would fit with Unreal Engine 4's functionality extremely well.
          Thanks for the info, I'll check it out. We won't have time for feature additions till after the UE4 rewrite (it's really a complete re-write, not a port, lol), but I'm sure we can learn a thing or two from Sketchup, for the future Great to have your support!

          Originally posted by fred64 View Post
          Definitely interested, also to kickstart the thing !

          please go on
          Thanks Fred, appreciate it!
          ProBuilder - Complete In-Engine 3D Modeling, Editing, and UV Unwrapping, + More! Coming soon to UE4! procore3d.com/probuilder

          Comment


            #35
            Epic, you guys are awesome. Thanks so much for featuring us right off the bat, in your "Community Spotlight" in the latest UE Twitch broadcast! [bow]

            For those in a hurry, jump to the 7:40 mark:
            http://www.twitch.tv/unrealengine/b/550794655
            ProBuilder - Complete In-Engine 3D Modeling, Editing, and UV Unwrapping, + More! Coming soon to UE4! procore3d.com/probuilder

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by yahodahan View Post
              Thanks so much for featuring us right off the bat, in your "Community Spotlight"
              Thank you for joining the development community!

              I sent you a PM with some other info. I just realized that by default, forum users don't get notified via email when they receive a PM. I'm going to look into getting those defaults changed. I suspect a lot of people are like me and didn't realize that had several messages in their Inbox.

              --Mike

              Comment


                #37
                Thanks Mike, good thought on those defaults- I'll check for PMs now
                gw
                ProBuilder - Complete In-Engine 3D Modeling, Editing, and UV Unwrapping, + More! Coming soon to UE4! procore3d.com/probuilder

                Comment


                  #38
                  I'd say if you create an UE4 version, don't call it Pro Builder. So when you google for tutorials or other documentation, you don't get the unity and UE4 version all mixed up.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by Zeblote View Post
                    I'd say if you create an UE4 version, don't call it Pro Builder. So when you google for tutorials or other documentation, you don't get the unity and UE4 version all mixed up.
                    That's an interesting point, although I'd be worried about losing cohesion. The tool will work essentially the same in each program, so I'm not too worried about conflicting tutorials- and, it wouldn't be terribly hard to double up on all the tutorials, categorizing them for each engine.
                    ProBuilder - Complete In-Engine 3D Modeling, Editing, and UV Unwrapping, + More! Coming soon to UE4! procore3d.com/probuilder

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by yahodahan View Post
                      That's an interesting point, although I'd be worried about losing cohesion. The tool will work essentially the same in each program, so I'm not too worried about conflicting tutorials- and, it wouldn't be terribly hard to double up on all the tutorials, categorizing them for each engine.
                      You could call it Pro Builder - Unreal Edition

                      Would Buy if given the chance.
                      Last edited by HeadClot; 07-25-2014, 10:19 PM.

                      Comment


                        #41
                        lol call it Unreal Builder.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          C++ Programmer/Unreal Dev Wanted

                          As part of this effort, we are currently looking for an experienced Unreal dev to help in this. Knowledge of plugins/editor integration is a big plus, of course. If you are interested, please contact us via "contact (at) procore3d.com". Thanks!
                          ProBuilder - Complete In-Engine 3D Modeling, Editing, and UV Unwrapping, + More! Coming soon to UE4! procore3d.com/probuilder

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by yahodahan View Post
                            C++ Programmer/Unreal Dev Wanted

                            As part of this effort, we are currently looking for an experienced Unreal dev to help in this. Knowledge of plugins/editor integration is a big plus, of course. If you are interested, please contact us via "contact (at) procore3d.com". Thanks!
                            Post it in the recruiting section and you will get more responses.

                            Just saying - https://forums.unrealengine.com/foru...ing-for-Talent

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Is it done yet?
                              j/k, but really looking forward to it when it finally does make it's way in.

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Doesn't it seem fairly pointless to build a tool to create more complex constructions out of a highly unoptimized feature? There's a lot of very specific reasons that we try to use BSP as little as possible.

                                This honestly seems to me to be an excuse to get a basic modelling tool into the engine, to prevent noobies having to use 3D Packages to make their games. There are FREE 3D Packages out there already.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X