"ProBuilder" for Unreal 4 Marketplace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@yahodahan,

I would definitely buy it assuming it has all the tools in the ProBuilder 2.2 video. I realize you already have a extrude tool but how hard would it be to implement SketchUp push/pull tool to ProBuilder? I would also pay for the Match Photo feature in Sketchup it would be extremely useful for level design base on images.

Does the set pivot point work on any static mesh? I find this feature useful it beats having to do it in a 3D app then reimport. Would people be able to add custom icons for the tools? I'd like to design my own tool icons.
    Last edited by SonKim; 07-23-2014, 01:43 AM.
    TOUR of DUTY

Comment

Hi yahodahan - Please bring ProBuilder over to UE4.

I am one of your current customers from Unity and have been using UE4 since it first became available. I have spent time building BSP indoor structures in UE4 and finding it difficult to establish a fast, simple process. Yesterday I went back and installed the latest version of Unity along with the newest version of ProBuilder and it's so much quicker. I tested export of the obj of a mini level from Unity/PB and import into UE4, which works fine, but takes extra time, and then the ProBuilder tools are not there in UE4 to make further changes. Today I started googling ProBuilder with UE4 and came across this thread. It would be very, very useful to sell ProBuilder for UE4 and I will also be in line to purchase it!

I really like Unreal Engine and the only thing that has been aggravating is not having ProBuilder there!

Comment

Originally posted by hoodoo View Post
        I have spent time building BSP indoor structures in UE4 and finding it difficult to establish a fast, simple process. Yesterday I went back and installed the latest version of Unity along with the newest version of ProBuilder and it's so much quicker.
        You said it, bro! Hi-five.

Epic's solution is "Geometry 2.0", which is currently at the very bottom of the list, yet has the second most votes... Vote for it here, if you hope it will help.
        Last edited by CT007; 07-23-2014, 02:47 AM.

Comment

I would love you for it.

I have ProBuilder on unity and would buy it again for sure, so just do it!!
          Last edited by brutecold; 07-23-2014, 06:35 AM.

Comment

I know Epic said they are also working on some in-editor UV control among other things. I would love it, whoever gets to it first!
            Map Generator 1.0
            Map Generator 2.0
            Map Generator 3.0

Comment

Yes, yes, yes! ProBuilder is brilliant and exactly what most people would want from an in-editor level building toolset.

Maybe you could get together with the folks at Epic and make ProBuilder officially integrated into UE4 somehow. I hear Epic is hiring!

Comment

Do it! For the love of God, DO IT!
                I'm a hugh fan of the work you have done with Probuilder in Unity, and I really think that this is a product that a lot of new UE4 users would want. It really allows a person to build quickly, and the workflow is simple but powerful. In other words, please release it. I would also be happy to test it for you if you decide to go down this path.

Comment

Unity ProBuilder customer here as well and would gladly license an unreal engine version since in the process of transitioning over.

Comment

I would definitevely use it and soon as avaliable.

The tool is really powerful and can save a lot of time that can be invested in other sections of the game.

Kind Regards.

Comment

Holy awesome replies, Batman!

I've qouted and shall reply to each and every one of yall, so this is going to be a looong post. "CTRL-F" for your name, to get your exact reply Thanks everyone, this is truly great to see there is so much support for us!

Originally posted by TommyBear View Post
                      Now if only people used those in the Unity version...haha

Originally posted by bigzer View Post
                      Count me in as your first customer ;p
                      Ha- looking forward to working with you guys again, Storm United is looking better every day!

Originally posted by SonKim View Post
                      @yahodahan,

I would definitely buy it assuming it has all the tools in the ProBuilder 2.2 video. I realize you already have a extrude tool but how hard would it be to implement SketchUp push/pull tool to ProBuilder? I would also pay for the Match Photo feature in Sketchup it would be extremely useful for level design base on images.

Does the set pivot point work on any static mesh? I find this feature useful it beats having to do it in a 3D app then reimport. Would people be able to add custom icons for the tools? I'd like to design my own tool icons.
                      We would port over all the tools, and probably add a few more in the process, of course. 2.2 is old news now, wait till you see 2.3! Huge, huge improvements, new features, UV editing, etc. Brand new, much better GUI as well. Can't wait to show it off in a week...

I'll have to look up the "push/pull" you mention. Sounds like something close to Extrude? Match Photo is, to be honest, wayyy beyond our current ability, haha, but it would certainly be a good addition. Just a note: we have an open API, anyone else could create that as a "plugin to our plugin" !!

Set Pivot only works on PBOs (ProBuilder Objects). We could potentially break that off to a separate tool, it IS extremely handy. Although, it was actually made by a community user, so that'd be up to him.

Custom tool icons would be easy- just replace the current ones, in the PB "Resources" folder.

Originally posted by hoodoo View Post
                      Hi yahodahan - Please bring ProBuilder over to UE4.

I am one of your current customers from Unity and have been using UE4 since it first became available. I have spent time building BSP indoor structures in UE4 and finding it difficult to establish a fast, simple process. Yesterday I went back and installed the latest version of Unity along with the newest version of ProBuilder and it's so much quicker. I tested export of the obj of a mini level from Unity/PB and import into UE4, which works fine, but takes extra time, and then the ProBuilder tools are not there in UE4 to make further changes. Today I started googling ProBuilder with UE4 and came across this thread. It would be very, very useful to sell ProBuilder for UE4 and I will also be in line to purchase it!

I really like Unreal Engine and the only thing that has been aggravating is not having ProBuilder there!
                      It's a strange, strange day, when people are using a plugin, on Unity, to build meshes, then export, then import to Unreal, haha. That's quite a convoluted pathway, and really tells me we've made ProBuilder good, if people are willing to go that far! Thanks!

Originally posted by CT007 View Post
                      You said it, bro! Hi-five.

Epic's solution is "Geometry 2.0", which is currently at the very bottom of the list, yet has the second most votes... Vote for it here, if you hope it will help.
                      Uho- sounds like we better get this done and out quickly, before this "Geometry 2.0" hits- thanks!

Originally posted by fernandoz View Post
                      I would love you for it.

I have ProBuilder on unity and would buy it again for sure, so just do it!!
                      Awesome, that's great! Come to think of it...idea! [BING!]

Originally posted by Zeustiak View Post
                      I know Epic said they are also working on some in-editor UV control among other things. I would love it, whoever gets to it first!
                      Right on, hopefully I can beat 'em to it!

Originally posted by Regularry View Post
                      Yes, yes, yes! ProBuilder is brilliant and exactly what most people would want from an in-editor level building toolset.

Maybe you could get together with the folks at Epic and make ProBuilder officially integrated into UE4 somehow. I hear Epic is hiring!
                      I'm hoping to chat with them directly, yep, mainly to help us get the tool built and integrated smoothly. We want to do this right!

Originally posted by Tkfore21 View Post
                      Do it! For the love of God, DO IT!
                      I'm a hugh fan of the work you have done with Probuilder in Unity, and I really think that this is a product that a lot of new UE4 users would want. It really allows a person to build quickly, and the workflow is simple but powerful. In other words, please release it. I would also be happy to test it for you if you decide to go down this path.
                      Thanks! Love to hear these replies, making me feel all warm 'n fuzzy... or that's my morning whiskey...

Beta testers will be of HUGE importance early on, yes, thanks for the offer!

Originally posted by ShipworthyGames View Post
                      Unity ProBuilder customer here as well and would gladly license an unreal engine version since in the process of transitioning over.
                      Sweet, thanks!

Originally posted by Rafa Angeline View Post
                      I would definitevely use it and soon as avaliable.

The tool is really powerful and can save a lot of time that can be invested in other sections of the game.

Kind Regards.
                      Thanks Rafa Angeline!

To All: Thanks again, we really appreciate the great feedback, kind words, and support! Sounds like we'd be utter fools not to jump right on this. Unfortunatly, it's still a major undertaking, and we barely have time for the Unity dev. Just to be clear to those folks: we will never, ever drop support or dev for ProBuilder on any platform!

So here's my crazy thought- what if we started a crowdfunding project to help fund this? If we could hire on a second coder, especially one with serious Unreal experience, that would simply rocket this forward. Otherwise, we simply can't afford the time to really get on this for at least the next month, and perhaps even longer. ProBuilder 2.3 will be followed by the inevitable round of bug fixes, tweaks, support and emails, etc.

Is that asking too much? I think it could work out great for everyone. Let me know, thanks again everyone!
                      ProBuilder - Complete In-Engine 3D Modeling, Editing, and UV Unwrapping, + More! Coming soon to UE4! procore3d.com/probuilder

Comment

Hey yahodahan! This is really awesome. The team here at Epic is really excited about this too. We're huge fans of level prototyping tools, and thought that your work so far has been inspirational! We can't wait to see what you can do in the Unreal Editor.

Originally posted by yahodahan View Post
                        I'm hoping to chat with them directly, yep, mainly to help us get the tool built and integrated smoothly.
                        I'll get you in contact with folks here who are knowledgeable about the editor and can help answer questions directly. I'll also keep an eye on this forum thread.

We're working to make the engine as extensible as possible. If you run into any editor/gizmo/rendering features that you need to be exposed to achieve your port, please send us a PR and I will help get it reviewed and integrated quickly!

Uho- sounds like we better get this done and out quickly, before this "Geometry 2.0" hits.
                        Right on, hopefully I can beat 'em to it!
                        Haha, we would like nothing more. We do have crazy plans for many new tools features, but our successor to "Geometry/BSP" is still in the design phase and will be a ways off yet. We'll always want developers like yourself to have a great experience creating new UE4 tools and successfully marketing those.

--Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Fricker View Post
                          Hey yahodahan! This is really awesome. The team here at Epic is really excited about this too. We're huge fans of level prototyping tools, and thought that your work so far has been inspirational! We can't wait to see what you can do in the Unreal Editor.

I'll get you in contact with folks here who are knowledgeable about the editor and can help answer questions directly. I'll also keep an eye on this forum thread.

We're working to make the engine as extensible as possible. If you run into any editor/gizmo/rendering features that you need to be exposed to achieve your port, please send us a PR and I will help get it reviewed and integrated quickly!

Haha, we would like nothing more. We do have crazy plans for many new tools features, but our successor to "Geometry/BSP" is still in the design phase and will be a ways off yet. We'll always want developers like yourself to have a great experience creating new UE4 tools and successfully marketing those.

--Mike
                          Wow, can't tell you guys how much this means, coming directly from you guys! Honored and excited, and it will be a HUGE benefit to have your help as we work on the port. Honestly, that's really, really important...previously, building ProBuilder has been mostly fumbling around in a black box, sadly.

Feel free to take your time with Geometry 2.0... wink wink.

Thanks again Mike, I'll be in touch!
                          ProBuilder - Complete In-Engine 3D Modeling, Editing, and UV Unwrapping, + More! Coming soon to UE4! procore3d.com/probuilder

Comment

It's a strange, strange day, when people are using a plugin, on Unity, to build meshes, then export, then import to Unreal, haha. That's quite a convoluted pathway, and really tells me we've made ProBuilder good, if people are willing to go that far! Thanks!
                            Just so you know, he's not the only one. I have considered doing the exact same thing; essentially just using Unity as a host for ProCore and other level building extensions, then seeing if I could get the finished levels transferred over to UE4 somehow. I thought I was the only one crazy enough to consider such a thing.

On the subject of a crowdfunding project: if that's what it takes to get tools like this into UE4 I would contribute to it.

Comment

You could even give a free copy of the finished product, for those who pledge a certain $ amount. I would be more than happy to help fund you to make this happen, with a few separate tiers like on Kickstarter for example, giving various amounts of swag and stuff, or discounts on the release.

I think that would be a super cool way to go about it!
                              Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Originally posted by Regularry View Post
                                Just so you know, he's not the only one. I have considered doing the exact same thing; essentially just using Unity as a host for ProCore and other level building extensions, then seeing if I could get the finished levels transferred over to UE4 somehow. I thought I was the only one crazy enough to consider such a thing.
                                Yeah, I would like to somehow use PB with UE4 as it stands today but it is too hard of a workflow, so it's a no go! We need it to run inside UE4!

I will participate in crowd funding if that is something that will get it going and as DotCam says with the promise of the end product if we each contribute a set amount.

Comment

Working...
                                X