No announcement yet.

Landscape texture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only way I've seen good results for landscape is by setting spec/metallic to 0, and by setting roughness to/near 1.

Comment

What I mean is that it still tiles hundreds of times even with that setup.

Comment

Originally posted by eggfriedbryce View Post
        What I mean is that it still tiles hundreds of times even with that setup.
        Just increase the size -> should be the size of the texture (or even larger) Also use the "LCCT None" as Custom UV Type
        Last edited by fighter5347; 01-03-2015, 02:53 PM.

Comment

You can multiply coordinates by some small number I think, also here is an issue with painting over the landscape I have run into and found a solution, I hope this helps someone:

If you get black spots all over your terrain where some textures won't load properly or if you are seeing blocky edges where textures should blend:

change all layers in your layer blend node in your landscape material to weight blend, that makes painting a landscape work as one would intuitively expect more or less.

EDIT:
          The above solution works to reduce texture samples to minimum, but the problem with only being able to paint few layers per Component of a landscape actor persists, anyone know a solution? I am getting black spots where the layers blend with more than 3 on a single landscape component. Can I at least make the last applied layer override the lowest one somehow?
          Last edited by Polivantage; 01-04-2016, 08:34 PM.

Comment

This helped except one thing, my texture is not square, how do I set a custom x and y scale?

Comment

Working...
            X