a coupe of vehicle issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

little update.

I got 4.3 and the shadows on my car are still wrong, so still stumped.

I also still cant get any usable collision for the wheels. I tried adding more collision shapes to the body but it didn't work due to the gameplay I wanted. I then tried adding a collision shape the wheel hub bone, locking its movement except for the Z axis so it moved up/down when it collided with something but I couldn't get the wheel to move with the wheel hub bone. I did think I might be able to make a semi-accurate collision for the bottom half of the wheel by adding 5 or 7 mini hidden wheels around the bottom of each visible wheel but I cant think of a way to make them all move up and down with each other (skeletal controls probably wont work), so they act as one wheel.

Comment

ok so final update, I think I've found the solution for the lighting and collision.

for the lighting I turned the "use TOA ref pose" option on in the import settings then I reimported and the lighting issue fixed itself, I have no idea why that fixed it

to get more accurate wheel collision I decided instead of trying to add or fake actual wheel collision I could just add more collision to the level.

here's a vid of what it does now.

It's not perfect (a bit more tweaking of collision mesh position needed) but I think it worked quite well

Comment

Glad to hear you finally fixed the lighting issue! And nice trick with collision. More work than it should be but it looks a lot better now.
        FREE VR Drum Kit Project
        FREE Color LUT Collection
        FREE Physics Driven Spacecraft Project
        FREE GTA Style Vehicle Interaction
        Dynamic DoF(Depth of Field)
        Camera Crossfade

Comment

Originally posted by Jacky View Post
          Glad to hear you finally fixed the lighting issue!
          me too

And nice trick with collision
          thanks, it randomly dawned on me how I could do it, although I don't think it will work very well for large convex angles.

Comment

Originally posted by smokey13 View Post
            ok so final update, I think I've found the solution for the lighting and collision.

for the lighting I turned the "use TOA ref pose" option on in the import settings then I reimported and the lighting issue fixed itself, I have no idea why that fixed it

to get more accurate wheel collision I decided instead of trying to add or fake actual wheel collision I could just add more collision to the level.

here's a vid of what it does now.

It's not perfect (a bit more tweaking of collision mesh position needed) but I think it worked quite well
            Hi my friend

collision is very good
            the Unity3D had this same problem!

I tried many ways but not as you collision

Click image for larger version

Name:	UE4Editor 2017-03-08 23-18-53-78.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	1124579

Please tell me how can you fix this problem?

Thank you.
            Last edited by Nice 2000; 03-11-2017, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X