Render sequences at runtime?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Render sequences at runtime?

We're developing an app that renders out high res videos of sequences. Currently when you hit export, a command line instance of Unreal opens in the background and it executes a command to render the sequence. It works, but it's slow and prevents us from ever packaging the app. Is there any way to build the rendering/exporting functionality into the main instance of the app itself? We're using MovieSceneCapture.AutomatedLevelSequenceCapture in the command line and I see there's a Cast To SequencerExportTask node, but not sure how to use them. Any ideas?

there's a new renderer for sequencer in 4.25 maybe there's new code for it. Movie Render Queue.
    there's like 2 different ways python fbx imports. so there must be multiple ways to render if there's a new one out

Comment

Thanks, that's super promising- it has a lot of the functionality we're going to need to build. There's so little documentation though, have you found any?

Comment

nope, I'm just fiddling with it at the moment myself, seems straightforward but there's details that need to be worked out around

Comment

Working...
        X