Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rama's Vertex Snap Editor Plugin, Download for You!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    Originally posted by essbuh View Post
    Ah, good call; didn't even think about that. It does work with the Debug Editor configuration though, so that's good enough. Thanks!
    Hi there!

    With the help of Lion I have now fixed my plugin so that at least the Blueprint Nodes portion will work in a shipping game build



    Direct Download Link

    https://d26ilriwvtzlb.cloudfront.net...toryPlugin.zip

    Rama
    UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

    ♥ Rama

    Comment


      #77
      This is awesome, im sad it didnt work for unreal engine 4.4.0. Is there any way that this could work on the newer version

      Comment


        #78
        Originally posted by StefanTheArchitect View Post
        This is awesome, im sad it didnt work for unreal engine 4.4.0. Is there any way that this could work on the newer version
        I did compile my vertex snap editor in 4.4 !

        You can download it here, instructions on the wiki page

        https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Rama%2...lugin_Download

        Let me know how it goes!

        EDIT:

        I just tested all functionality of my vertex snap plugin in 4.4

        -different vertex shapes

        -resizing

        -snap

        -snap to surface normal

        -reset rotation

        - T key for instant translation

        - and also undo/redo of any number of vertex snapping!

        It all worked!



        Rama
        Last edited by Rama; 08-21-2014, 12:30 AM.
        UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

        ♥ Rama

        Comment


          #79
          Rama:
          Just to let you know, I have been having problems running your plugin in UE 4.4 (latest version 17:08, 19 August 2014 no. 2).

          The problem stems from two pointers not being initialised:

          SelectedVertexBuffer = nullptr;
          HighlightedVertexBuffer = nullptr;

          Needed to be added to your JoyInit function, as they were causing constant crashing when right clicking on an object, when that object wasn't selected.
          It would also crash occasionally when left clicking.

          Comment


            #80
            @Rama

            Would you consider putting up your plugin on GitHub, BitBucket or other?

            I only ask because we make use of Git Submodules when handling project plugins, which keeps things contained and has the bonus of keeping additional binary files out of our main project repository

            --------------------------------------

            I have also started writing Git source control (Tutorial) for the Official UE4 Wiki for those who are interested in such workflows. Feel free to add to it, as I am currently in-between moving houses and will not have much time to update the wiki for some time.
            Regards,
            Benjamin D. Smith

            Founder & CEO | Binary Sword Pty Ltd
            Currently working on: ODIN Tracker (UE4 Plugin)

            Comment


              #81
              Originally posted by benjamin.smith View Post
              @Rama

              Would you consider putting up your plugin on GitHub, BitBucket or other?

              I only ask because we make use of Git Submodules when handling project plugins, which keeps things contained and has the bonus of keeping additional binary files out of our main project repository

              --------------------------------------

              I have also started writing Git source control (Tutorial) for the Official UE4 Wiki for those who are interested in such workflows. Feel free to add to it, as I am currently in-between moving houses and will not have much time to update the wiki for some time.
              Can you explain more about this, why it is useful? So far the workflow of downloading / uploading to wiki has worked fine for me, and all the source is in the download anyways, let me know!
              UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

              ♥ Rama

              Comment


                #82
                Originally posted by Vernatia View Post
                The problem stems from two pointers not being initialised:

                SelectedVertexBuffer = nullptr;
                HighlightedVertexBuffer = nullptr;

                Needed to be added to your JoyInit function, as they were causing constant crashing when right clicking on an object, when that object wasn't selected.
                It would also crash occasionally when left clicking.
                Thank You Vernatia!

                I have been meaning to get around to debugging that crash, and you just fixed it for me!

                Thanks so much for posting!

                And congrats on your first post! An exceptionally helpful first post for me!

                Welcome to the forums!



                ~~~

                New Plugin Build is Live!

                The fix Vernatia mentioned is now live!

                https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip

                Rama
                UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

                ♥ Rama

                Comment


                  #83
                  I'm trying to use your plugin to help with a performance optimisation for reflection render targets - that is, to stop rendering to the render target when the destination object is not visible. I'm trying to do this using the Visibility Get Rendered Actors node, which should, if I understand this correctly, allow me to determine which actors are currently being rendered. However, it seems to not work on translucent objects, reporting that the object is never being rendered. This makes the plugin entirely useless for my needs. Is there something that can be done about this?

                  Comment


                    #84
                    Originally posted by Hoeloe View Post
                    I'm trying to use your plugin to help with a performance optimisation for reflection render targets - that is, to stop rendering to the render target when the destination object is not visible. I'm trying to do this using the Visibility Get Rendered Actors node, which should, if I understand this correctly, allow me to determine which actors are currently being rendered. However, it seems to not work on translucent objects, reporting that the object is never being rendered.?
                    Congrats on your first post!

                    Welcome the forums!

                    I am just using Epic's functions internally, I will post the code here so perhaps Epic can answer your question in greater depth, as I myself can't comprehend why translucent objects would not be listed as being rendered ever, make sure its not an error on your end somewhere

                    Code:
                    void UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::Visibility__GetRenderedActors(TArray<AActor*>& CurrentlyRenderedActors, float MinRecentTime)
                    {
                    	//Empty any previous entries
                    	CurrentlyRenderedActors.Empty();
                    	
                    	//Iterate Over Actors
                    	for ( TObjectIterator<AActor> Itr; Itr; ++Itr )
                    	{
                    		if (Itr->GetLastRenderTime() > MinRecentTime)
                    		{
                    			CurrentlyRenderedActors.Add( * Itr);
                    		}
                    	}
                    }
                    void UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::Visibility__GetNotRenderedActors(TArray<AActor*>& CurrentlyNotRenderedActors, float MinRecentTime)
                    {
                    	//Empty any previous entries
                    	CurrentlyNotRenderedActors.Empty();
                    	
                    	//Iterate Over Actors
                    	for ( TObjectIterator<AActor> Itr; Itr; ++Itr )
                    	{
                    		if (Itr->GetLastRenderTime() <= MinRecentTime)
                    		{
                    			CurrentlyNotRenderedActors.Add( * Itr);
                    		}
                    	}
                    }
                    UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

                    ♥ Rama

                    Comment


                      #85
                      Thank you! Really great work!

                      Comment


                        #86
                        Rama - Thanks for creating the plugin - it is very useful....

                        I have a problem - if I try to launch my game, it fails with plugin not found error.

                        Should I just manually disable the plugin every time before launching?
                        https://www.casualdistractiongames.com

                        Comment


                          #87
                          Originally posted by OptimisticMonkey View Post
                          Rama - Thanks for creating the plugin - it is very useful....

                          I have a problem - if I try to launch my game, it fails with plugin not found error.

                          Should I just manually disable the plugin every time before launching?
                          I dont know about launching, but packaging the game should work fine!

                          why do you need to launch it?

                          I mostly use

                          1. play in editor
                          2. play in separate game window
                          3. run from commandline using batch file with editor closed
                          4. package game and ship to ppl


                          Rama
                          UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

                          ♥ Rama

                          Comment


                            #88
                            Hi, Rama!

                            You made a great plugin. Is it possible to ask for one more feature in the future?

                            If so, I'd like to have a shortcut I'm desperately missing from CryEngine. I mean - pressing Ctrl+Shift and clicking will place your currently selected object right where you clicked, based on object's pivot. I think Unreal folk don't know how much time is saved with this simple shortcut (e.g. in Unreal you have to fly all the way to your object and then manually and painfully move it to the destination). Also, another great one is - "Align object to object". This one would take your currently selected object and align it to the clicked object (again, based on pivot), and match position, rotation and scale. It can be also very handy in many cases.

                            Hopefully we can have these one day But in any case, thanks for your awesome work!

                            Comment


                              #89
                              Originally posted by BrickTop View Post
                              Hi, Rama!

                              You made a great plugin. Is it possible to ask for one more feature in the future?

                              If so, I'd like to have a shortcut I'm desperately missing from CryEngine. I mean - pressing Ctrl+Shift and clicking will place your currently selected object right where you clicked, based on object's pivot.
                              Your Request Feature Is Already In The Plugin

                              Press the T Key!


                              Hi there!

                              I already added a feature like this to my plugin!

                              I call it instant translate!

                              You press the t key and any selected objects, whether it is one or a whole group, get instantly repositioned to where your mouse cursor is!

                              Furthermore, until you press T again, you can instantly move stuff just by dragging the mouse around!

                              This gives you much more refined placement capabilities!

                              Try it!

                              I have all hotkeys in a little pop up in top-left corner if you move your mouse to top-left corner of viewport, you'll see it pop in!

                              It also shows up when you first click on a static mesh actor.

                              Note the plugin only works with Static Mesh Actors

                              The full engine integration works with BSP, Skeletal Mesh Actors, and Static, but that is still in the works on github.

                              Rama
                              UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

                              ♥ Rama

                              Comment


                                #90
                                Rama's Instanced Static Mesh Editor

                                I added a new feature to my Vertex Snap Editor Plugin which is an optional plugin that comes with my Vertex Snap Editor Plugin!



                                ~~~

                                Super-Efficient Way to Render 1000s of Meshes!

                                In this video you can see my frame rate go from 9 fps with 1500 static mesh actors in the scene, back to over 100 fps, with the simple press of a key! And all the geometry in the level is preserved!

                                You can now easily create a super efficient instanced static mesh from a selection of regular static meshes, and also undo the process to make individual edits!

                                I explain everything in the video!

                                ~~~

                                Entire C++ Code in Download

                                I include my plugin's entire C++ source code, including the new feature, in my plugin download!

                                https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip

                                ~~~

                                Installation Instructions

                                https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Rama%2...n#Installation

                                ~~~

                                Enjoy!

                                Rama

                                PS: Make sure to get my latest plugin version, it includes a fix for maintaining vertex shape choice as well as current vertex scaling (change vertex scaling with [ and ] keys)
                                Last edited by Rama; 03-11-2015, 01:49 AM.
                                UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

                                ♥ Rama

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X