Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would I use to render runtime generated geometry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My plan is to use the navmesh to generate where an actor can move to in a turn based strategy game. I think ARecastNavMesh::GetPolysWithinPathingDistance used with ARecastNavMesh::GetPolyVerts returns what I'm after (or at least will after I tweak with the shape of the perimeter). The question is, how do I render it!?

Edit: It appears FDynamicMeshBuilder is what I'm after. No docs yet, check github source for examples.
    Last edited by TheSoySage; 03-22-2014, 12:40 PM.

Have you looked at the UNavMeshRenderingComponent?

Comment

I assumed that would only deal with rendering the entirety of the navmesh. Is it possible to limit it to a given path distance?

Edit: My aim is a free form version of the hexes in this http://www.brasshats.com/screen1.gif
      Last edited by TheSoySage; 03-22-2014, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBushido View Post

Edit: It appears FDynamicMeshBuilder is what I'm after. No docs yet, check github source for examples.
        Could tell us where exactly are those examples are located in the Github ?

Regards,
        Mat.

Comment

You could have a look at this wiki article where they explain how to generate a mesh at runtime from triangles.
          Particle Editor Extension: Marketplace Page | Documentation
          Code plugin which extends your particle effect toolbox with new possibilities.

SVG Importer Plugin: Marketplace Page | Gumroad Page
          Import SVG (scalable vector graphics) files as rasterized rendering or as multi-channel signed distance field.

Comment

Working...
          X