Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Example] Virtual / Analog Cursor in UMG/Slate (Destiny Style)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is awesome! I'm using it for a project and it's working out quite well.

I have a question, though -- would this work on consoles? Might be a dumb question, but I've never developed for a console before, so I have no idea...

Comment

Originally posted by Syntaks View Post
      I have a question, though -- would this work on consoles? Might be a dumb question, but I've never developed for a console before, so I have no idea...
      Yes - this is the approach we use on Paragon.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Darnell View Post
        Yes - this is the approach we use on Paragon.
        Hi [MENTION=424484]Nick[/MENTION],
        I've tried this and it's amazing in the editor (4.12.5) but when I package the game to ps4 I see no cursor at all. Tried moving all the sticks and touch pad but getting absolutely nothing. Any ideas?
        Raed Abbas
        Multiplayer Game System (MGS) | Nice Inventory System | Nice Lobby System
        Dynamic Shared Camera

IMDB
        FACEBOOK

Comment

Does anyone know the status of native gamepad support in a future version? I've heard "it's coming" several times but haven't heard anything in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Raed Abbas View Post
            Hi [MENTION=424484]Nick[/MENTION],
            I've tried this and it's amazing in the editor (4.12.5) but when I package the game to ps4 I see no cursor at all. Tried moving all the sticks and touch pad but getting absolutely nothing. Any ideas?
            Did you ever solve this ? I ran into the same issue using the plugin. But according to Nick this should work on XB1 as well. I only tried the plugin from Rama...

Comment

Works for me guys. Don't forget you do actually have to call 'Enable Virtual Cursor' for it to work.

Comment

4.12 Plugin Version

Again for anyone who is looking for the plugin version of this, I made the plugin for you all here:

Currently on 4.12
                https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post394032

Rama
                UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

♥ Rama

Comment

Unfortunately this no longer seems to work in 4.17, because the Analog Cursor class isn't 'Ticking'.

I believe the correct way to handle this now is to override 'Handle Analog Input Event' instead, but still working on it.

Comment

I too am trying to figure out how to get this to work with 4.17.

Comment

Working...
                    X