Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I run an external application from UE4 build?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somehow I fix that "seamless" problem.

I just try to communicate between builds. I use StringToFile.

Really waiting for opinion about that. Maybe it was very stupid? It solves problem now, but maybe it is better way to do communication between builds.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxL View Post
      I have zero experience with this, but FPlatformProcess::CreateProc might be what you're looking for.

Edit:

FPlatformProcess::CreateProc(TEXT("C:\\Users\\Cero\\Desktop\\Test.exe"), nullptr, true, false, false, nullptr, 0, nullptr, nullptr);

Used that in my code and it worked as expected. Would be nice to have an overload that only required the first parameter, but I'm really happy that it worked so intuitively.

It seems that FPlatformProcess is for Windows only. There's also FGenericPlatformProcess that works for other platforms, but uses untested code.
      Hi it works perfectly but ive written it in a C++ Actor script inside the BeginPlay() function. And it opens two windows of my executable. Can you tell me the possible reasons for this? I am very new to Unreal.
      Last edited by amusvitkona; 11-17-2017, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by amusvitkona View Post

Hi it works perfectly but ive written it in a C++ Actor script inside the BeginPlay() function. And it opens two windows of my executable. Can you tell me the possible reasons for this? I am very new to Unreal.
        Do this inside a "virtual void Init() override;" of a custom GameInstance class, the engine will never run Init() more than once.
        | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Working...
        X