No announcement yet.

Integrating Cairo with UE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work! What you've done is very interesting, so I'll be following your progress closely.

ioFlow: do you need to get the cairo DLLs and put them into your binaries folder? From http://cairographics.org/download/:

You probably want at least the zlib, cairo, and libpng run-time archives (you can search on those strings to find them in the page). That should be it. Just pop libcairo-2.dll, libpng13.dll and zlib1.dll into your working directory or system PATH, and away you go!
    Those files don't seem to be in the repo after a cursory glance, so you'll probably have to get them yourself. As mentioned above you also want to grab everything GTK+ and throw it in there with it.
    Last edited by Antidamage; 08-03-2015, 10:21 PM.

Comment

VERY VERY HAPPY!!!

(got it going)

Basically:
      - open the sample project provided by Banbury above
      - rebuild the plugin when requested
      - plugin does build but project crashes when it trys to open in UE4
      - BUT a binaries folder has now been created in the project folder
      - Go to http://www.gtk.org/download/win64.php and download the "all-in-one bundle" for GTK+ 3.x
      - Uncompress this and get ALL the dll files from the bin folder in it and put them in the binaries folder in the UE4 project
      - The project should now open in UE4!

I'll do some testing tonight and figure out exactly which DLLs you do and don't need and post the results.

Thanks of course to Banbury for all of this, I can't tell you how awesome it is to be able to procedurally generate textures in UE4

Comment

Okay, I'll write down some installation instructions on the Github page. I forgot, that the DLLs have to be copied manually into the Binaries folder.

Comment

Hi, I Trying Build Project and OK, The sample level when i Start is OK...

Now, When a trying draw a Retangle 100 x 10 the editor kill... exists a minimal resolution for draw objects ?

Comment

Originally posted by CrashAngel View Post
            Hi, I Trying Build Project and OK, The sample level when i Start is OK...

Now, When a trying draw a Retangle 100 x 10 the editor kill... exists a minimal resolution for draw objects ?
            Not that I know of. Did you connect the 'context' pin?
            Otherwise I'll need more information. A screenshot of your Blueprint and a copy of the log file would be helpful. If the editor crashed, there should have been a crash report. Copy the contents of that, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Banbury View Post
              Not that I know of. Did you connect the 'context' pin?
              Otherwise I'll need more information. A screenshot of your Blueprint and a copy of the log file would be helpful. If the editor crashed, there should have been a crash report. Copy the contents of that, too.
              Hi, i Only change 256 x 256 to 100 x 10 Pixels in BluePrint Widget

Click image for larger version

Name:	BP.png
Views:	1
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	1083902

Click image for larger version

Name:	VS.png
Views:	1
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	1083903

Comment

I'm pretty sure textures have to be size 2^n. Try 128x16.

Comment

Originally posted by Banbury View Post
                  I'm pretty sure textures have to be size 2^n. Try 128x16.
                  No, error, Break Editor...

Comment

Okay, I tried it myself, and you're right - it crashes. Only square textures work. So 128x128 works. I don't know enough about UE4, to tell, what the problem is. If someone can help out here, I would be very grateful. Otherwise I might replace the 'width' and 'height' properties with a single 'size' property.

Comment

It's not a problem with UE. Video cards themselves require texture dimensions to be a power of two.

It'd be a wise choice to add an escape route for textures that aren't a power of 2. And square to be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Antidamage View Post
                        It's not a problem with UE. Video cards themselves require texture dimensions to be a power of two.
                        I'm aware of that, but usually they don't have to be square.
                        I might be doing something wrong, when creating the texture. I just don't know what.

Comment

Originally posted by Antidamage View Post

It'd be a wise choice to add an escape route for textures that aren't a power of 2. And square to be safe.
                          I can live with that

Comment

Working...
                          X