No announcement yet.

[TOOL] [Tut] [Win] Unreal Qt Creator Project Generator v0.3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for this tool! It works except that the debugging is really slow (it takes a long time for Qt to update variable in the "Locals and Expressions" panel).

I followed steps 4-5 and added the CDB symbol paths in "tools/options/Debugger" (and replaced YOUR USERNAME by my username of course):

Code:
    symsrv*symsrv.dll*C:\Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Temp\symbolcache
    cache*cache*C:\Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Temp\symbolcache
    I use CDB from windows kit 8.1.

Comment

Thanks for this tool dude! It was realy lifesaver for me as i can finaly work in some realy IDE instead of VS :-)

Thanks for source too, made some small changes (updated build and run configuration so projects can use ue4 perforce plugin), wanna change how it handles unreal engine paths so developers using custom engine build can use this great tool.

Wanna ask how should i handle my commits, should i create new branch so u can review them and merge them later to new version?

Comment

Originally posted by Ypsylon View Post
        Thanks for this tool dude! It was realy lifesaver for me as i can finaly work in some realy IDE instead of VS :-)

Thanks for source too, made some small changes (updated build and run configuration so projects can use ue4 perforce plugin), wanna change how it handles unreal engine paths so developers using custom engine build can use this great tool.

Wanna ask how should i handle my commits, should i create new branch so u can review them and merge them later to new version?
        I'm a first time GitHub user so I'm no expert but yes (according to the docs) I think you should fork the repo, apply your changes (maybe in a new branch) and then submit back a pull request. Then I can pull your changes in if I agree with them (as soon as I've got some spare time, I'm a little busy at the moment). Just please make sure that you comment your changes and do some testing before submission.

Thanks for your participation

Btw for the next version I have planned to introduce a manual configuration file where the user can set engine path and the Qt environment hash. The project file could be detected from the working path of the tool -> Then you could just run the tool inside your project directory and it would do its magic without user interaction (if a valid configuration is detected, otherwise it would display the normal dialogues).
        Last edited by AlphaN; 10-20-2015, 12:34 AM.

Comment

I just submited pull request for qtBuildPreset.xml just little change but pretty important for perforce users :-)

Btw for the next version I have planned to introduce a manual configuration file where the user can set engine path and the Qt environment hash. The project file could be detected from the working path of the tool -> Then you could just run the tool inside your project directory and it would do its magic without user interaction (if a valid configuration is detected, otherwise it would display the normal dialogues).
          Good news :-)

Comment

It would make much more sense to implement this kind of tool in python, as command-line script, instead of using C#.

That would make it portable and it would probably take less time as well.

Comment

The epic could implement this tool in the unreal, qt creator is much better than Visual Studio for C ++

Good hint about doxygen

Thanks for sharing

Comment

Version 0.3 beta released

So, I finally got some spare time to work on the tool and here it is:

The beta of the highly improved version 0.3

Highlights:
                • The generation process is now fully automated (configuration only during first run).
                • The tool should now also work for custom builds of UE4 (git version)
                • Fixed problems with perforce (thanks to Ypsylon)
                • Bug fixes
                • Executable renamed to uProGen.exe (easier to type in cmd)

Note: For optimal usability I recommend adding this tool's folder to the PATH variable.
                You can then just execute uProGen from a CMD window inside your project folder and it will require no further input for the generation.
                (Of course you can still enter the project path manually when launching the tool from a non-project folder)

Note: This will most likely be the last major version of the tool as I consider it more or less complete.

Note: I have only tested this version on my computer. Bugs can be reported on GitHub. The source code of this version can be found in the testing branch of the repository.

Comment

How can I add unreal source code to the project? UnrealEngine does it untomaticaly for VS. This is like almost the only thing that is missing to me.

Edit 1:
                  Also support for plugins would be great.
                  Last edited by Krzysiek_TATE; 08-31-2017, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X