Best Way to Rename a C++ Project...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Way to Rename a C++ Project...

So I have a C++ projects that has a combination of C++ code changes and Blueprints and is built using the Source Code version of the engine and not the standard developer editor. Basically it is a heavily modified version of the MMO Kit.

Now my question is ... what is the best way to rename the project? It currently displays as CleanThirdPerson ... including the build targets and the executable.

I initially did the relevant renames in the editor ... and then open the solution file inside Visual Studio 2013 and commenced to do a search for CleanThirdPerson and replace it with my game name. I also did a search outside the engine for the same CleanThirdPerson and did a rename of those with my game name. But now when I build I get an invalid target during the make stage.

This is Windows 7 64bit ... using Unreal Engine 4.6.1.

I am on the right track ... or am I missing something completely obvious here. I did some searches and couldn't really find a definitive answer or an answer that worked for me.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
    Quinton Delpeche
    Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

Never mind ... I figured it out ... I was missing my General Settings on the NMake options of the game properties. All good ... was a little bit of a chore ... but now my game at least reflects correctly. 8-}
    Quinton Delpeche
    Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

Comment

Working...
    X