How to include plugin modules for coders to reference my API

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to include plugin modules for coders to reference my API

I'm new to creating plugins. After a lot of work and headaches I managed to get my plugin working and callable in Blueprint, but I also want my library to be able to be referenced by C++ users. I've been doing some tests but I can't seem to get the compiler to find my header files. I've tried he public, private, and classes folders. I've tried full-path includes. I don't know how else to get this going. Any suggestions?
    iTween For UE4
    Procedural pathed animation for actors, components & UMG - $0
    Runtime DataTable
    DataTables dynamically loaded from text or Google Sheets while your game is running!
    easyCSV
    Fast, cheap, and accurate CSV parsing at runtime!

Under my experience, even if you manage to make it work, hot-reloading stops working so it's basically worthless (at least that's what happened to me in 4.5).

Take a look at the answer on this thread : https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...orted-via.html

I was in a similar situation a month ago and I ended moving all my code to a gameplay module.

Comment

Thank you so much for that! The world of plugin creation is a desolate one with very little information.

I'll just have to create two separate releases - a plugin version for blueprinters and an install version for coders. I appreciate your help!
      iTween For UE4
      Procedural pathed animation for actors, components & UMG - $0
      Runtime DataTable
      DataTables dynamically loaded from text or Google Sheets while your game is running!
      easyCSV
      Fast, cheap, and accurate CSV parsing at runtime!

Comment

Working...
      X