Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - Moving something using NavMesh and the SimpleMoveToLocation function

Hi everyone

As said in the title I would like to move an enemy by using a navmesh and the function SimpleMoveToLocation in a multiplayer project.

The function requires an Acontroller, so I created a new class "MyRobot" based on ACharacter and "MyRobotController" based on AController.

In MyGameMode.cpp I added this :

Code:
    UWorld* const World = GetWorld();
    if (World != NULL)
    {
    	AMyRobotController* RobotController = World->SpawnActor<AMyRobotController>(AMyRobotController::StaticClass(), FVector(100.0f, 300.0f, 0.0f), FRotator(0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f));
    	AMyRobot* Robot = World->SpawnActor<AMyRobot>(RobotClass, FVector(100.0f,300.0f,0.0f), FRotator(0.0f,0.0f,0.0f));
    	if (Robot != NULL && RobotController)
    	{
    		RobotController->SetPawn(Robot);
    		UE_LOG(LogGameMode, Log, TEXT("_____ Spawn Completed _____"));
    	}			
    }
    In game I see the robot spawn correctly.

In the PostCreated function of MyRobotController.cpp, I call, with a timer of 3 secondes, this code :

Code:
    UNavigationSystem* const NavSys = GetWorld()->GetNavigationSystem();

if (NavSys)
    {
    	IsMoving = true;
    	FVector Destination;

Destination.X = this->GetPawn()->GetActorLocation().X + 1000.0f;
    	Destination.Y = this->GetPawn()->GetActorLocation().Y;
    	Destination.Z = this->GetPawn()->GetActorLocation().Z;

NavSys->SimpleMoveToLocation(this, Destination);
    }
    But nothing happens, MyRobot does not move. I tested this code on MyPlayerController and the player moves, It has some difficulties to move, as carrying heavy stuff, but it moves. Then I guess the code is correct but MyRobot/MyRobotController are, maybe, not a valid target.

I tested with an AAIController in place of AController, still does not work.

Anyone has an idea where my mistake is ?

Thanks in advance for you help, I really need it !

No idea ?

I "checked" the Rebuild at Runtime of the RecastNavMesh in the editor and I used AAIController now MyRobot rotate a bit during few secondes before stopping. Still no movement.

This can help you to help me ?
    Last edited by Milen Ivanov; 11-12-2014, 09:04 AM.

Comment

I'm not sure if setpawn is the right way, I normally use the Controller::Possess(Pawn) method.
      Sr. Engine Programmer @ www.playspace.com - moritzwundke.com
      Remember: be polite and respect other peoples opinions - Join the Unofficial Unreal Discord Channel - Found a bug? Then use the Bug Report Form to get it fixed ^^

Comment

Hi Moss,

I changed my code from SetPawn(MyRobot); to Possess(MyRobot);.

Now I does not see anymore MyRobot in game. With log, I know that MyRobotController is actif for 47 Ticks, after that, nothing more in log.

After some tests I realize that MyRobotController is just destroyed after the 47th Tick, probably the garbage collector remove it because it was not well spawned. So I suppose that I miss something somewhere.

Any ideas to fix that ?
        Last edited by Milen Ivanov; 11-13-2014, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Hi every one.

I did lot of testing to find out the problem. I finaly fixed it (MyRobot was detected as static mesh so the NavMesh considered it as an obstacle and exlude it from the NavMesh).

The problem is fixed ... to create an other.

If, in the editor, I drop manually MyRobot in the level all work fine. But if I try to spawn it from code, it does not move at all.

This must be easy to fix that, but I does not find how to do that.

Some one can give me the final help ?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi people, I still need some help from the UE community.

I still have trouble moving MyRobot with Navmesh when MyRobot is spawned during the game (C++).

The in-game image below show you the solo version. The ground, 4 blue waypoints and the blue MyRobot are all spawned durring the game (C++). In green, we can see that the Navmesh is correctly updated to include this new area.

Click image for larger version

Name:	InGame-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	235.2 KB
ID:	1062200

But if I call NavigationSystem->SimpleMoveToLocation(this, Destination->GetActorLocation()); inside MyRobotController, nothing happen. MyRobot does not move.

What I forgot to do ? I really need your help, I'm completly stuck there !

Great thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X