UE4 crashes my PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UE4 crashes my PC

So i just installed UE4 and created a new project. Opened the project, added a new level and UE crashed. I reopened UE and the project and just clicked on file and UE froze. I went into task manager to end the process and my pc froze. No alt f4, no alt tab, nothing. I restarted my pc and opened ue4 went into the project and my pc froze again and it freezes every time i try to open a project, even new ones.

Are you sure your PC can handle Unreal?

Comment

I used UE4 before without problems

Comment

the version of UE engine you are using matters a lot.

I had tons of crashes using 4.24.3, almost every 5mins.

I switched to engine version 4.23.1, and have never had a crash, over a week of editing and making levels, not a single crash.

give 4.23.1 a try, my hardware is at bare minium, so that might be a reason? but atleast 4.23.1 works without a hitch.

so until u upgrade to new hardware, 4.23.1 should do ?

hope this helps.

if you do decide to upgrade your hardware, I would suggest waiting until they have released UE engine 5.0, with it the spec requirments will prolly change, and wait until they have a "stable" release, which will be even longer down the line I would think. so hold out for atleast 2/3 years if u can.

otherwise you risk having to upgrade "again" if u cant handle the "new" engine.

God Bless you. May Jesus Christ be Charitable unto you.

Acts 10 : 33 - 48, google it, its Awesome.
        Last edited by Mount_Zion777; 08-01-2020, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X