Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm attempting to rotate a scene component 360 degrees on click but struggling with FRotators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm attempting to rotate a scene component 360 degrees on click but struggling with FRotators

So I'm attempting a simple reload animation through c++ by rotating a scene component that is parented to my gun mesh. The idea is when the user presses the fire button that will trigger a bool to run in the Tick function but I'm not sure how I would loop the logic to have the rotation stop on a full 360 and turn the bool to false.

Code:
    void ANordic_Cowboy_FPSCharacter::Tick(float DeltaTime) {
    Super::Tick(DeltaTime);

if (reloadRotate)
    {
        FRotator rotationToAdd = FRotator(5.f, 0.f, 0.f);
        ShotgunParent->AddLocalRotation(rotationToAdd);
     }
    }
    I've looked around for a lot but I'm still not necessarily sure how I would create the control logic for looping or just any alternatives. Any input would be appreciated, thank you!

I sorta think I know what you're after, but if I'm completely off, feel free to ignore the following.

So, from the looks of your code sample, you're adding 5 to just the pitch on each tick. The simplest way to achieve what you're after with your given code would be to store a float representing how much you've rotated the pitch by since last tick. Initially, set it to 0. Then, when reloadRotate is true, add 5 to each time you add 5 to the ShotgunParent's pitch. Once it's >= 360, reset. So, assuming you have a float currentRotate = 0 to start with:

Code:
    if (reloadRotate)
    {
       FRotator rotationToAdd = FRotator(5.f, 0.f, 0.f);
       ShotgunParent->AddLocatRotation(rotationToAdd);
       currentRotate += 5.0f;

if (currentRotate >= 360.0f)
       {
          currentRotate = 0.0f;
          reloadRotate = false;
       }
    }
    Is this what you're after?

Comment

Thats exactly what I was after thanks so much the help!

Comment

Working...
      X